T W E L V E

::::

minho walked into his bedroom, and flopped face down onto his bed. he let out a groan, throwing off his jacket to reveal his teeshirt.

"pfft, i can make friends if i wanted to," he scoffed, rolling over onto his back and whipping out his phone. minho hesitantly opened instagram and began scrolling through his following on instagram.

he sighed, looking though people who probably want nothing to do with him. once minho reached the end after finding nobody to message, he frowned and closed out the app.

this is gonna be harder than i thought.

minho set his phone on his dresser, the awful feeling of knowing nobody wants to talk to you suffocating him.

then jeongin came to his mind. he is always willing and happy to talk to minho, yet the older is afraid to screw it up.

minho gasped when a thought crossed his mind, what if it's all for sympathy?

what if jeongin realized how pathetic minho is, not having any friends, always by himself, hardly eating, and more. what if he's only talking to him so he doesn't seem like the bad guy ignoring the sad kid?

minho threw a pillow over his face, letting out another giant sigh as he did so.

::::

once monday morning rolled around, minho found himself in his least favorite class; history.

history is just so boring to him. who cares about what happened in the past? their living in the present, what happened back then doesn't effect him in any way. but you know the saying; if you refuse to learn about history, you're due to repeat it.

minho watched as everyone started walking into class, talking with each other happily and taking seats next to their friends. the teacher in this class isn't strict, so they can sit wherever they want. minho choses to sit in the back by the window, where nobody can bother him.

he saw changbin walk into class, the only one they unfortunately have together. he was talking to his friend hyunjin, and the two didn't even spare minho a glance.

as they waited for the teacher to come in, minho blocked out everyone's talking voices and drew in his notebook. it's funny, there's little to no notes in there, but lots of sketches. it's the only way to distract him from his lonely life.

minho smiled upon finally finishing the drawing he has been working on for a week. though it's in all black and white, it's a waterfall surrounded by a bunch of flowers. the different shades really make each individual detail pop.

eventually, the teacher walked in with a smile on her face, and all the kids quickly shut up and gave her their attention.

::::

"so, we will be starting a project today," she announced, which caused a chain reaction of moans and groans from every student. she rolled her eyes, "oh, don't complain! you can work with partners."

everyone in the class instantly started looking around the room at their friends, silently making their teams. minho slumped down into his seat, rubbing his head, annoyed. he hated partner projects, because nobody ever wants to work with him. and he hates socializing with people he isn't comfortable with.

she then stopped everyone.

"hey! i noticed you all seem to always work with the same people and hardly ever get anything done, so i will be choosing your partners."

that only made minho even more nervous. he has a chance to get pared up with people who will just ignore him and make him do all he work. minho put his head on his desk, desperately waiting for his name to get called.

when minho didn't hear his name get called till the very end, he scanned the room to see who else didn't get called. his eyes widened when he made the connection.

fuck no, fuck no, please not-

"minho and changbin."

minho could feel his heart explode, and he anxiously looked over to changbin who looked just as pissed off as minho. he sucked in a breath, and slowly walked over to the others desk when the teacher told them to begin working.

the project is just a slideshow on a current event.

minho sat down next to him and refused to make eye contact. he shoved his hands in his pocket and fiddled with his ring that was on his finger, hoping changbin wouldn't remember it.

"so..." changbin started, pulling out his notebook to begin jotting ideas down.

minho could feel his heart pounding like crazy. being in the presence of his ex-best friend was so damn awkward.

he kept his gaze out the window, only mumbling little things to the other. changbin sighed as he wrote some more down, but got fed up with the lack of help.

"okay minho, look at me." he instructed, and his angry voice sent chills throughout minho's body.

"i don't want to do this as much as you do. so just suck it up and let's get this over with, and we can go back to not knowing each other."

minho frowned, but nodded. he has to admit, there was a small bit of hope in him that changbin would apologize for ditching him, and the two could start over. but obviously, he still doesn't want any part of minho.

but why should minho complain? nobody does anyway.

~

CJAKFKSKFK inception by ateez slaps so hard, i think it may be my favorite title track of 2020 :,)
this was my first comeback as an atiny (i got into them after answer dropped), and god i'm not disappointed at all. i loved it! 🥺

q: did you like inception?

a: literally so much, i'm obsessed

bye for now! <3