S E V E N T E E N

::::

minho bursted through the office door on saturday, tired from running all the way there. his mom was busy so she couldn't drive him, and he doesn't have his own car yet to drive himself.

plus, he slept in late, so he was already running behind.

"i'm here!" he panted to sana, rolling up the sleeves on his shirt. despite the december air, he was sweaty.

sana laughed slightly, "he's ready when you are."

she handed him a water bottle, and he gratefully took it and chugged most of it down. he smiled as a sign of thanks, and made his way into jisung's room.

"there you are! i thought you were gonna ditch our last session before break," jisung joked, and minho tiredly flopped down onto the couch, fanning himself.

"sorry, i slept late," he nervously laughed, rubbing the back of his neck.

jisung waved it off, showing it was no big deal. there's not another client after minho for about an hour, so they could talk a little past their usual hour session if they have to.

"how was your week?" he asked, starting off the conversation.

minho thought back to the events of the week, nothing really interesting happening after the day he fell asleep. he had little encounters with changbin in history class, and got laughed at a few times in the hall, but nothing jurassic thats worth talking about.

"it was fine," he told, shrugging his shoulders.

jisung noticed the others rolled up sleeps and how he was all sweaty, "are you hot by any chance? i can turn a fan on if you'd like."

minho instantly nodded, and jisung got up and grabbed a fan out of the little closet. he turned it on, and a sense of relief filled minho at the cold air.

he let out a satisfied breath. then out of nowhere, his phone started buzzing like crazy. he wasn't used to it, so he was curious as to who it was.

he pointed to his pocket, and jisung nodded allowing him to check it. minho pulled his phone out, and read the messages coming from his mom.

minho's face instantly turned pale, and he went wide eyed. he covered his mouth with his hand in disbelief, and stared shaking his head.

"fucking great," he mumbled, just loud enough for jisung to hear.

"what's going on?" jisung questioned, getting ready to write something down.

minho slammed his phone down on the couch, leaving his mom on read. he crossed his arms angrily.

"my mom just told me that christmas dinner is at my house this year, and my stupid dad and his side of the family will be there," minho gritted his teeth, trying his best to not just break down right there.

usually, the two have christmas dinner at minho's aunts house, and just his moms side of the family is there. but this year, it seems plans have changed.

minho started thinking about what could possibly go down next week. his dads family is just like his dad. they pick on every little thing minho says and does, constantly puts him down and makes him feel like a nothing. they have no filter in what they say and don't seem to care about the effects it has on him.

minho started to shake, and not from the cold. he could feel his heart pounding, and he gasped for air as he put his head in his hands.

"this...is gonna suck so bad." he finally let a tear roll down his face, and he quickly wiped it away.

jisung took a seat next to the other, and started rubbing his back, "it'll be okay, minho. my advice would be to just stay out of as much conversations as possible, quickly eat your food and stay away from them for as long as you can."

minho let out a breath, nodding, "i guess so. i just hate them so much, and my mom knows that! she doesn't seem to care how uncomfortable they make me!"

jisung frowned. he knows parents can look over their kids feelings when it comes to impressing other adults, so that's probably why his mother decided to host dinner this year.

after a few moments, minho calmed down, and took another sip of the water sana gave him earlier.

"i'm sorry. just thinking about it makes me so..." minho trailed off, struggling to find the right word to fit his emotions.

"anxious?" jisung then finished for him, and minho embarrassedly nodded.

"it's okay to use the word, minho. it's normal for kids to feel anxious about this kind of stuff."

minho didn't respond, he only shrugged. he just wants dinner to be other with already,the anticipation is going to kill him before the day starts.

~

stray kids are having a comeback with a repackage album in september?? i'm 👁👄👁

q: favorite stray kids album? (like side tracks wise)

a: go live! this album contains some of my favorite songs from them!

byeeee! :)