E I G H T E E N

trigger warning? this will also be the last warning i will give, since i stressed about it so much in the intro. from now on, please remember there will be triggering chapters!

::::

unlike every other kid on the planet, minho was the opposite of happy to wake up christmas morning. in fact, all he wanted to do was go back to sleep and wake up the next day.

minho rolled over onto his side, checking his clock on his nightstand. it was ten in the morning, a little earlier than when minho usually wakes up. nether the less, he decided to get up and help his mother setup for dinner.

not bothering to change out of his white teeshirt and red pajama pants, he slipped on some black slippers and walked out of his room, his red hair flying every which way. he made his way downstairs to see his small tree lit, and hardly any snow on the ground outside.

minho walked into the kitchen to see his mom already preparing food for tonight. she smiled at his presence, "merry christmas, minho!"

minho slightly smiled back, "you too." his gaze shifted to the table, where a large wrapped box was sitting. he raised an eyebrow, "is that for me?"

minho hasn't gotten a real christmas present in years. he's always just gotten small checks, but he's used to people not putting a lot of effort into him anyway.

his mother nodded, "yup! have at it."

minho slowly walked over to the table, grabbing scissors on the way to open the box. he sat down in a chair, and started cutting it open.

it revealed another box, and minho read what it was. his lips slowly started curling into a smile, until eventually it was so bright it could light up the whole room.

it was a telescope. not some little kid ripoff, but a real telescope.

ever since he was little minho has always had a strong interest in space, and just science in general. he seemed to have a connection with space, and he can't quite pinpoint why.

"oh my god," he mumbled, in disbelief. minho opened the box, and he felt like he was gonna explode once he got touch of the telescope.

"thank you so much, mom..." he got up from the table, and hesitantly walked over to her. she took the hint, and pulled her son into a tight hug.

minho let out a satisfied sigh. maybe today won't be so bad after all.

::::

after hours of preparing food and straightening up the house, family members started arriving. minho had gotten dressed into a red long sleeve with little white dots, tucked into black jeans.

but, nobody saw it. he's been hiding in his room since the moment he saw the first car pull up at the house. he kept the door open so he could hear everything, but he's been sitting in a ball on his bed for hours.

"where is minho?"

"we haven't seen him since he was twelve! where is he?"

"i want to see how much he's grown!"

"where's your son, i want to see what that little boy has turned into!"

minho listened as all his family members asked for him, cringing at some of the things they were saying. making him sound like a child.

as he hid up in his room, he scrolled through instagram. he saw all these people from school posting about what they got for christmas, and also wishing others a merry christmas.