The Cross Test.

Charleigh's POV.

I left Prysillah's place after it became clear that she wasn't going to be any help.

So I headed for Jerri's alone.

I knew that I probably wasn't going to live to see the next sun-rise, but I had to at least try.

I came through the yard to the side of the house, the wind was blowing a little and making a rocking chair on Jerri's porch move back and forth.

I walked around to the front of the house.

The mansion towered in the night.
And it looked creepy as hell.

I was shocked out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I spun around and felt a rush of relief when I saw it was Prysillah.

"Prysillah Vincent, ready to do battle with the undead." She said.

"Prysillah, this is serious." I said.

What was she even doing here?

"Damn serious. Here. Hold this. Go on." She said as she handed me her Vampire Killers box.

She opened it and was moving everything around, making shure it was all there.

"Let's see. flashlight, stakes, hammer...Ah yes, cross." She said.

"Well, what about Billie Jean Cole?
How are you going to stop her?" I asked.

"I'm gonna use this, it is from Orgy of the Damned." Prysillah said as she pulled a pistol out of the wooden box.

"But what if she's not human? Bullets aren't going to stop her then." I said.

"She walks around in the daylight, now doesn't she?" Prysillah asked.

" Yeah."  I said.

"Well then she is human, come on." Prysillah said as she lead the way to the house.

"Prysillah, you don't have to do this,.I want to thank you." I said.

Grateful that she had changed her mind.

"Not now, after we kill her." Prysillah said as we made it to the sidewalk in front of the house.

Prysillah froze on the first step.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing...Nothing at all." Prysillah said, as she marched forward.

I started up the front steps as Prysillah grabbed my shirt.

"Are you crazy? Not the front door, let's go around the back and sneak in." Prysillah said.

Just as she said this the front door of the house swung wide open.

"Too late." I mumbled.

We crept towards the door as Prysillah mumbled;

"I'm Prysillah Vincent, the great Vampire Killer.....I. am. Prysillah Vincent. The great Vampire Killer."

As we stepped inside the house, the door shut behind us with a Bang!

We jumped.

"This way." I said as I showed Prysillah the way.

We started walking up the big stair case, when Prysillah grabbed my arm.

"Do you hear something?" She asked.

"No." I said.

"Let's come back at dawn. You see, she'll be asleep then. And we'll have a better chance at getting Adam." Prysillah said.

"Yeah and Adam will be dead by them too, now come on." I Said.

Just then we heard a noise.

And we looked up.

And there was Jerri!

She was taking her Vampire nails and scraping the stair railing.

"Welcome to Fright Night...For real." Jerri said.

"Where's Adam?" I asked.

"Up here. All you have to do is get by me." She said, motioning us up with her Vampire hand.

I started up, but Prysillah jumped in front of me with a cross.

"Back! Spawn of satan!" Prysillah yelled at Jerri.

Jerri started laughing.

"Oh...Really?" She asked sarcastically.

She started down the stairs towards us, she grabbed Prysillah's cross and crushed it.

She tossed it behind her back and it hit the floor.

"You have to have faith for this to work on me, Ms. Vincent." Jerri said.

"Stop!" I said as I grabbed the gold cross that Ellie had given me.

It seemed to work because Jerri's eyes went wide and she started slowly backing up and a low moan escaped her lips.

"Back!" I yelled louder.

She backed up the stairs and towards a room.

"We're going to make it." I said to Prysillah, when all of a sudden Billie Jean appeared out of nowhere as I felt a awful pain down the side of my face.

The next thing I knew I was flying over the stair railing and I hit the floor with a sickening crack

I looked up from the floor and saw Jerri come up behind Billie Jean and put her arms around her from behind.

She smiled and looked at Prysillah with a conquering look.

Prysillah was wide eyed as she flew down the stairs and out the front door.

Her departing figure was the last thing i managed to see as the Darkness consumed me.

________________________________________________________________________