Chapter Thirteen

It's only one part for this chapter. Happy reading!

      Annalise simply set the paper down on her desk. "Has Wes seen this?"

      "No. It's true, then?" Laurel pushed, collecting the sheet of paper. Karmen followed after her professor as she began to walk away.

      "Of course not. Some idiot wrote that down after looking at the crime scene for five minutes."

      "Now you're nervous Wes will see it, which means it's true." Laurel argued as Annalise entered her kitchen and opened the fridge.

      "Enough. You've both worked with me too long to make these assumptions." Keating tried to convince them.

      "Wes could have seen this." Karmen said, and Laurel continued for her,

      "It would destroy him. You know that." Annalise walked back towards her desk, deadpanning,

      "Well, it's a good thing you stopped that from happening."

      "Why let him get near it, though?" Laurel asked.

      Annalise threw her hand in the air, waving it towards the two girls. "You're the ones that made him go to Ohio."

      Karmen scoffed. "Only because you gave him that file. Why would you do that? Did you want him to find out his mother was killed?"

      "It was a suicide." Annalise countered.

      Laurel corrected, "It was ruled a suicide. Don't tell me I'm supposed to believe that after how much we proved the police lie all the time."

      Annalise swung her head from side to side. "Well, they weren't lying about this."

      "You are just saying that so neither of us tell Wes, and we won't, but at least tell us why we shouldn't." Laurel begged.

      "Because it's none of your business." Annalise snipped, and Karmen ran a hand through her hair. She truly didn't know Wes that well. Laurel seemed to bond better with him. She must have missed a small portion of conversation as she heard Annalise ask,

      "Because you're boyfriend and girlfriend now? Or is it you, Karmen?" She looked at her professor. "You already used up Frank and moved onto the next damaged piece of goods?"

      Karmen gaped at her for the multiple false accusations she just made. She did her best to brush it off, instead saying, "The fact that you are attacking me, attacking us, right now when we're simply trying to help just proves you are hiding something."

      "Which is my right." Annalise seethed. "You two are not Wes. If he wants to ask me something, he can do it himself."

      Laurel scowled. "He thinks you hate him!"

      "Well then he needs to man up and get over it."

      Karmen pinched her lips together. Fine then. If that was how Annalise wanted to play, then so be it. She stormed out of the room without another word.

~~~~~

      Karmen was alone in the kitchen thinking everything over. Laurel seemed to care a lot about what was going on with Wes, but she had other issues to handle. As if on cue, Frank marched into the room and declared,

      "We need to talk."

      She nodded slightly and followed him into the basement. Once the door was shut and they walked down the stairs, Frank started.