Chapter Eleven-Part One

Alyssa leaned on the counter, staring at Asher, who was passed out on her couch. The boy had been crashing at her place for a while, and she was growing weary of it. Connor moved around the kitchen, cooking breakfast.

      "What was it this time?" She asked, not taking her eyes off the unconscious boy.

      Connor sighed. "We were studying and decided to grab some drinks. He just needs someone to talk to right now."

      She turned around. "I know, I know. Just...lay off the drinks next time, okay?" Connor nodded in agreement, setting a plate on the counter. Apparently, the noise was loud enough that Asher jolted upwards, shouting,

      "Don't touch it!"

      She raised a brow. "Connor made breakfast. You hungry?" He crawled off of the couch and trudged towards the two, mumbling, "Yeah."

      Alyssa's phone buzzed, and she quickly snatched it off the counter. Seeing who it was, she smiled in relief.

      "Karmen's here. See you boys later." Her and Connor shared a quick kiss, ignoring Asher's remark. Alyssa then gathered her belongings and rushed out the door. Karmen would be giving her a ride to the courthouse, as she was too exhausted to deal with Asher.

      "Your saviour is here!" Karmen exclaimed when she neared the car. Alyssa giggled, hopping into the passenger's side.

      "I will not argue with that. Thank you, by the way."

      "Of course. Car rides are fun with you. My phone's hooked up." Her blonde friend said, and Alyssa's grin grew wider.

      "Yes! See, we should do this more often. Connor would probably never listen to this with me." She grabbed Karmen's phone and clicked on a certain playlist. The two shared a quick look before breaking into song. The minutes fly by, and in no time they are at court.

      "'Til I forget about you!" The two girls sing as Karmen parked the car. The students were asked by Bonnie to attend a trial where Annalise would be defending a client. Alyssa was unsure why Winterbottom had asked. There was no way Annalise wanted them there. And apparently, as the group all gathered around, except for Connor, Asher, and Wes, the others felt the same.

      Michaela questioned, "Did she specifically ask for us to come?"

      "It's her first case back. Of course she wants you here." Bonnie responded.

      Alyssa cocked her head to the side. "That's not a yes."

      "Stop worrying. It's going to be fine." Bonnie tried to reassure them.

      "It never is when you say that." Alyssa looked to her right to find Asher and Connor approaching the group, the latter having spoken.

      "Where's Wes?" Laurel inquired.

      "I don't know. He didn't answer when I called." Connor informed her. 

      "You didn't knock on his door?"

      Walsh narrowed his eyes at Laurel. "No, I didn't knock on his door. We were already late and I didn't want to miss the showdown." The brunette instantly pulled out her phone and walked away from the group.

      "See? I'm not the only one who thinks she hates us."

      "I think everyone here except for these two think that." Karmen added, waving her hand in Bonnie and Frank's direction.

      "She doesn't hate any of you." Bonnie refuted.

      "Not even Karmen? She should." Connor chimed, and Alyssa forcefully smacked his torso. He recoiled, and she shot him a mean glare. He really needed to mind his tongue sometimes. The boy tilted his head towards Karmen. "No offense."