Chapter One-Part Two

The students were working in the living room, waiting for Bonnie to return from court. She was at the Hapstall trial where they had sabotaged the lawyer. At last, Alyssa saw Bonnie enter the room.

      "How'd court go?" Laurel asked.

      "So far, so good." She answered curtly. "Let's hope phase two works just as well. Millstone." Bonnie called Asher before walking away. The boy was unresponsive, his eyes instead glued to his buzzing phone.

      "Hey, lover boy. Your girlfriend wants you." Connor nodded towards Bonnie, and Asher picked his head up to look at Walsh.

      "What? How'd you know that she's my girlfriend?" 

      "Oh. We didn't, until you just admitted it." Michaela cooed, before turning her attention towards the file book in her hands.

      "Hey, Karmen." She glanced towards Connor, who had leaned closer to Karmen.

      "Yeah?"

      "How are you doing? With Shawn, I mean." Karmen's lips tugged downwards into a frown.

      "I don't remember telling you about that." He shrugged lightly, tilting his head towards Alyssa, who quickly ducked her head down and scribbled random words in her notebook.

      "I'm fine, why?"

      "Well, you broke up with him. You're not upset?" A guffaw escaped her friend's lips.

      "Please, I couldn't be happier." At that moment, Frank barged into the room. She noticed the ghost of a smile on his face as he inquired,

      "Where's the puppy?"

      She wondered why Frank would be smiling. Could it be because of Karmen? She knew he had helped the blonde a few times, but that was just him being nice. Wait—did I just say nice? Since when is Frank nice?

      "Just left for the library." Laurel responded. "Why?" Instead of saying a word, Frank sauntered out of the room and towards the front door. Michaela, Alyssa, and Connor quickly followed him.

~~~~~

      "Frank." Connor hissed, to which the male bluntly stated,

      "Busy."

      "It's about 'Eggs 911'." Walsh continued, and Frank stopped in front of the door.

      "I should get a new cell number, right? In case whoever Rebecca texted tries to find me." Michaela questioned lowly. Frank's eyes darted between the three.

      "Why would they want to find you?" Her brows scrunched together at his inquiry.

      "So they can find out what happened to Rebecca." She answered, and Frank gazed at her with a look of serenity on his face.

      "What do you mean, 'what happened to Rebecca'?" Alyssa exchanged glances of befuddlement with Connor and Michaela. What the hell is Frank playing at?

      "We taped her up and held her hostage." Connor said for her.

      "What's going on Frank?" Michaela queried. 

      "Nothing. Relax, I already got your number unlisted." He told Michaela. "You change it now, and the police ever learn Rebecca's M.I.A., it'll look suspicious you changed it at the same time." Frank then moved around Pratt and made to leave.

      "So I just wait until whoever it is texts me back?"

      "Sit on the grenade. Exactly." Frank nodded, and with that, he left. Alyssa once again looked at Connor, who shrugged. When Alyssa walked back into the living room, she headed straight towards Karmen.