Chapter Five-Part One

Karmen hung by the door to Annalise's office as the professor was holed in the room with Bonnie and Frank.

      "It's about Sam." Michaela claimed from her place leaning against the wall by the door.

      "Or 'Eggs 911' finally showed his face." Laurel suggested in a slightly panicked voice, her eyes flickering between the office to Wes, who shook his head.

      "No it's probably just about the Hapstalls, like they killed another witness." He hissed, and Karmen was sure he wasn't even joking.

      "They wouldn't be all whispery behind closed doors if it was about our stupid clients." Michaela snapped back.

      "You all are the stupid ones." She turned towards the voice, which belonged to Connor, who was returning from the kitchen with Alyssa next to him. "Well, I guess Karmen is an exception." He added, in which she sarcastically smiled at him.

      "Is that a beer?" Michaela questioned, and Karmen's gaze traveled to the bottle in Walsh's hands.

      "Yes, it is, Michaela." He answered condescendingly. She wondered why Alyssa hadn't said a word.

      "Because you want to get fired?" Laurel snipped, and the boy plopped down into Bonnie's chair, dragging Alyssa with him. The brunette rolled her eyes, yet remained in place.

      "No, because Annalise is hiding my car to blackmail me." Karmen's eyes widened.

      Laurel argued, "No, Frank got rid of your car."

      "He lied. Or, that's what Annalise told me. Who knows? Maybe she's lying about that, too. My point is, chill out, grab a beer, and accept that our lives belong to her." Connor refuted, opening his drink while Alyssa stood up. She walked over to Karmen and whispered,

      "He was a mess all night. I'm worried about him, Karmen." The blonde sighed.

      "He'll be okay, as long as he's got you." Alyssa nodded slowly, and Karmen wasn't sure she was convinced. At one point, Frank had left the office, soon stopped by a furious-looking Asher. 

      "Get out of my frickin' way, Frank." The boy ordered loudly, and Athans exchanged a confused glance with the brunette standing beside her. When Frank stood his ground, Millstone pushed,

      "Move or I break your face." He's pissed.

      "Calm the hell down." Frank tried to resolve Asher's anger.

      "She knows what the hell I'm talking about." The boy spat back, and the door to Annalise's office swung open, revealing the woman herself.

      "It's okay, Frank." She said calmly. The man spun towards her.

      "Annalise, he could be wearing a wire." He muttered, quiet enough that Karmen barely deciphered his words.

      "I'm not." Asher spoke for himself.

      "He says he doesn't have one. Come in." Annalise stated before walking into her office with Millstone. Bonnie left the room after that, her face displaying an ounce of pain before she brushed past the group. The law students huddled closer to Frank.

      Michaela asked lowly, "Asher knows about Sam?"

      "No." Frank bluntly responded, and Karmen held back a scoff.

      "Then why is he freaking out?" She questioned, and Frank's stare shifted to her.

      "Who knows?" That answer caused numerous revolts from the students, before Frank once again spoke, his tone one of irritation.