t w e n t y s i x

CROSSBOW

Today the group was going shooting, target practice, Theo however, wasn't going, she wanted to learn to use the crossbow, Daryl being injured was also staying at the farm. He was going to teach her, she was making him, and they were going to talk about what happened last night.

Theo walked over to Daryl, once he noticed her he stood up as quickly as he could.

"Hey" he said awkwardly.

"Come with me and bring your crossbow," She said. So he did, Theo brought him out to one of the areas that Herschal doesn't own so we wouldn't be told off for using weapons.

She found a place where there were a lot of trees but also had a few walkers lurking.

"What are we doing?" he asked her, confused about what they were doing out in the middle of nowhere.

"You're going to teach me to use your crossbow," She said firmly, not wanting to argue.

"Okay, only if you forgive me." he asked, making her raise an eyebrow.

"I haven't actually heard a sorry yet '' She pointed out, crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry, and I truly mean it," he said, nodding at Theo.

She tilted her head and thought about it

"Fine, but i will punch you next time you make me look like a fool." She warned, pointing her finger sternly at him.

"Deal, but there won't be a next time" he confidently said, winking at her.

"For the sake of your face you better make that a promise" She winked back.

"I promise," he said, holding out his pinky.

She grabbed his pinky, which then led him to stick out his elbow. She gave him a confused look. He bumped her elbow with his, he then followed it by holding out his fist which she bashed with hers.

"See now we have a handshake" he smiled childishly.

"And I am now 12 again," She smiled back.

"Okay, i'll show you first" Daryl said, loading up the crossbow, he aimed it at a walker that was previously far away, but now much closer, he pulled the trigger and killed it straight away. "These are called bolts, not arrows, they are smaller which makes them lighter." he explained

Another walker appeared.

"So, reload," he said, handing her the crossbow.

She reloaded it, for a moment she struggled but got it in soon after..

"Take off the safe" he reminded so she did "Then aim and shoot" just like that

Theo looked down at the crossbow and tried to aim the bolt with the walker, but she missed.

Daryl quickly killed the walker before it could get too close before propping it up against a tree.

"Okay close" he explained while walking behind her. She reloaded and held it back up to eye level, struggling shortly due to the weight.

"Don't forget to breathe and don't over think. Move you side this way" Daryl explained while moving her waist so she was at more of an angle "Take a breath..." he told her as he got closer to her, hand never leaving her waist. "And shoot" he whispered into her ear.

She pulled the trigger again, this time the bolt going straight through the walkers head.

Theo smiled before turning around. Daryl being a lot closer than she realised.