t w e n t y f i v e

BABY

The next morning Daryl woke up at sunrise, he grabbed his stuff before walking over to Theo's tent.

He 'knocked' on the tent door

"Yeah?" a tired voice said from inside

He unzipped the tent to see her still under a blanket.

"I'm heading out again, with a couple others, I'll be alone though, but do me a favour, speak to your dad about the baby" He said causing her to slowly sit up. "Hear me out, you don't have to explain who it was or anything more, but out of everything, I think he deserves to know '' Daryl pointed out.

She nodded slowly before laying back down. Daryl wasn't even sure if she had taken in anything but nodded anyway.

"Later sleepy head" He zipped her tent back up before heading over to the others.

Theo went back to sleep for about another 30 minutes before she decided to get up.

She woke up immediately thinking about what Daryl said, he was right, she needed to not just tell her dad, but her mum too, and eventually Carl.

She stayed alone for a couple of hours contemplating what to say, how to even say it, when she finally just went with it.

She headed back to the farm house seeing that the majority of the guys were out.

But she managed to see her mother, who was talking with some of the others.

"Hey mum," Theo said, walking over to her.

"What's up?" she wondered, looking at her daughter.

"Can we talk?" Theo asked. She was shaking, her palms were sweating. She thought as though she could pass out, but she had to do it.

"Of course" she smiled. Theo directed her over to a private area, this was going to be a long talk.

But before she could even begin, the sight of her dad and Shane came into view.

"Actually, i think dad should be here too" Theo said which caused a worried look on Lori's face.

"I'll bring him over" she told her walking over to him.

A couple of moments passed before they both joined her.

Rick was just as confused as Lori, they both worried at what she was about to say.

She told them to sit, so they all sat on the floor, far from everyone.

"What's this about?" Rick asked

Theo was on the verge of a panic attack, there was no telling how they were about to react

"Baby whats wrong?" Lori panicked, after everything that had happened to Carl, it really woke her up to how she had been treating Theo, she wanted to make a difference and build that bond that they had struggled to have.

"When I was 17, I left home to travel, so there was something else behind that reason too..." Theo began as they watched her begin to tear up, "I had a baby." She blurted out, making their eyes go wide. "I had a little girl in new Mexico and I left her there at a school" Theo cried, she placed her head in her hands, crying into them

Lori and Rick looked at each other in complete shock.

"A baby?" Lori repeated.

"Who's was it?" Rick struggled to ask, not because he was angry but because he felt sick at the thought that his daughter, who he believed had the strongest bond of the family couldn't tell him about this while it was happening.