f o u r t e e n

GRANADE

People were talking as Theo placed the gun down and grabbed the axe and handed the other to Daryl as they began trying the door again.

The noise had made everyone jump, but after they realised they ignored it, focusing back on Jenner.

Theo was about to take another swing when the door opened

"Come on!" Daryl yelled as Theo ran back to grab Carl.

"You okay?" She asked him. He nodded as Lori and him followed.

"Dad!" Theo yelled back but he continued to talk to Jenner.

She continued anyhow, just wanting to get Carl out and far away.

They ran as fast as they could, they sprinted until they finally saw the doors.

"Shoot them open!" Shane yelled so they did that.

Nothing was working, they tried to smash through the doors.

Theo held Carl close.

"Where is Dale?" Theo asked, noticing a few of them were missing.

"Andrea and Jacqui aren't coming, he's trying to get them," Lori explained to her daughter, Lori only knowing as she saw everything before she left..

Theo panicked knowing it was minutes away from those HIT's hitting.

"Rick I might have something that might help, that first morning, when you came to camp I found this in your pocket" Carol began as she reached into her bag.

She bought out a grenade and handed it to Rick. Everyone looked shocked and worried, but also with hope as this could be their way out.

"Hurry up" Theo cried out as she ran back making everyone follow her, knowing they had to put space between her people and the window.

Rick ran to the window pulling the grenade pin, before running away.

He was thrown into the air as Theo covered Carl and Sophia with her body as the glass completely smashed.

They all looked back but didn't stop, they all ran straight through the window.

As the group ran Theo noticed the large cut in her arm followed by a few pieces of glass stuck in her arm and hair. When looking around she saw a few others covered, but luckily no one else looked hurt. Apart from her dad, who understandably was hurt, after all he was thrown into the air.

They ran out the building and were immediately met with a couple of walkers, nothing that they couldn't handle.

They ran to the trucks, Theo getting into Daryl's truck quickly.

"Look," Theo pointed out to Daryl as Dale and Andrea walked out the building. She smiled knowing that she wasn't losing Dale, but immediately frowned as Jacquie wasn't with them.

"Get down!" Lori yelled out to Dale and Andrea.

"Get down" Daryl repeated as Theo covered her head and slid down as far as she could into the seat.

Daryl did the same, covering Theo as well as himself, taking her body into his, covering everything he could with his own, shielding her.

Suddenly the largest explosion filled the air, black smoke and orange flames filled the spot where a building once stood. It made the truck shake, even the heat from the explosion was enough to hurt you.

It felt as though it lasted minutes, but in just a couple of seconds, an entire building was gone.

"You're hurt" Daryl said to Theo noticing her wound, he ripped his shirt to wrap around her arm.