n i n e t e e n

WOMAN

The next day everyone was up early. They were out on the search for the two girls, everyone but T-Dog and Dale went, making sure that they had enough time to fix the RV before everyone else was back.

After a few minutes of preparation the group headed out.

Daryl took lead while Glenn kept back letting Daryl do his thing when they came across a tent.

"She might be in there," Shane answered, Carol standing up.

"Wait" Lori told her as Daryl, Rick and Shane slowly made their way over.

Rick finally called Carol over, the rest of us hanging back.

Carol called out to her daughter but there was no answer, so the boys continued to go in, releasing a vile smell into the air.

"Whatever was in there, has been in there for a long time" Daryl said to Carol with a reassured nod. 

"Daryl?" Carol questioned

"No, it aint them" he said "Just someone who had opted out" he said letting the rest of them know that someone inside had killed themselves.

Suddenly church bells rang throughout the woods. 

Instantly they all ran in that direction.

"That's going to bring in all sorts" Glenn began, making everyone realise that they were not alone. They never were.

"Which direction?" Lori asked, looking around.

"This way, I'm pretty sure" Rick directed.

They ran in the way, following the loud sounds. It was hard to pinpoint where the sound was coming from, they just had to hope for the best.

They soon arrived at a white church, graveyards everywhere.

They all began running towards it.

"Eyes up," Rick instructed as they got closer.

Rick opened the doors to reveal what at first looked like people, only for them to turn to be walkers.

"No guns," Rick explained.

Daryl took the left, Shane followed after.

Rick to the right and Glenn in the middle, the others handing back.

The four walkers in the room were easily taken out but more came barging out of a side door.

Daryl took out one with his crossbow but struggled to grab his knife in time for the second.

The group of them took them all out pretty easily. 

Daryl looked up at the statue of Jesus in the middle of the church.

"That felt wrong," Rick admitted before the bell began blaring again, causing them all to jump.

Glenn ran out first, shutting it off realising it was on a timer.

They all separated slightly. Collecting their thoughts as Rick and Shane thought what their next plan of action was.

After a while, they gathered back outside the church.

Shane and Rick still talked on the side.

"You have to follow the creak back, we are going to carry on for a while, Daryl your in charge" Shane explained coming over to the rest of the group. 

"Splitting up? You sure?" Daryl asked the pair

"Yeah, we can get a couple more miles done and we will be back soon" Shane finished

"Can i come?" Carl asked, stepping forwards.

"No." Lori put firmly

"Please " Carl begged

"Just be careful, okay" Lori smiled. No she didn't like it, but she couldn't always say no. "Do not leave your fathers side" Lori instructed him as he walked off. And like that they all separated.

The day was long and they seemed to be getting no closer to the highway. 

"Theo how much longer, my feet hurt" Sophia asked as she let out a small cry. 

"I don't know..." Theo began when suddenly the low growls of a lot of walkers began to close in. 

Theo only had her knife, and the sound was coming from everywhere.

"Stay close" Theo warned as she turned to find Sophia gone. 

"Sophia!" She screamed, only bringing in the walkers. 

"Damn it!" Theo yelled

"Sophia!" She yelled out in panic, but all it was doing was bringing in more walkers. 

She held her weapon tightly in her hand, but she was surrounded. 

Theo took a deep breath before bracing to fight.