e l e v e n

PRINCESS

TRIGGER WARNING: TALK ABOUT RAPE AND ABUSE.

DISCLAIMER-I DO NOT THINK THAT THE CHARACTER INVOLVED WOULD EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS, IT JUST FITTED WITH THEO'S STORYLINE

Daryl woke up in the night, forgetting where he was, he wasn't sure what woke him, but when he looked over to Theo, he soon realized why. 

Theo was meant to be sleeping peacefully, but she was unsettled.

Her chest was moving fast, her cheeks were shiny from tears, her breathing got louder. She was having a nightmare, it was creating her to have a panic attack from what Daryl could tell.

"Stop, please." She whispered under her breath.

"Theo" Daryl tried to call out to her but she couldn't hear him.

He sat up, looking over her.

"Please" she begged, she couldn't hear Daryl calling out her name.

He crawled over to the sofa she was sleeping on and moved the hair from her face.

She stopped and opened her eyes, she looked at him before clearing her throat, she hadnt had a nightmare in ages.

She sat up, Daryl moving back in the process so she had room.

She wiped her tears and looked at him.

"You really care?" She asked him

Did he?

He didn't like people, but she really was different to him, she might be the friend that he needed in a time like this, especially since Merle was gone.

He knew her dad can be an asshole, her mother a definite bitch. Shane a dick and the others annoying. But her, Theo, he could tolerate her. She isn't pushing or too annoying and plus, she is a badass who he may need to stay close too. Part of her reminded him of himself. After all Daryl and her could be some of the only ones in this group with common sense.

So did he care?

Yeah, he strangely did.

"Yeah, I do care," He told her.

She moved back so she was now completely facing him with a shaky breath. 

He sat on his knees, looking at her, his full attention on her.

"If I tell you what happened, not all of it, just some of it, do you promise to not go mad, not tell my parents, tell no one and keep it to yourself until I am ready?" She asked him, looking at him through her soaked lashes.

He began to worry about what she was about to tell him.

She began to shake and sweat again. She was about to tell Daryl the biggest secret she had.

He pushed everything to the side, knowing that she already saw a different side to him as it was, she knew that he wasn't always a dick, his walls were already lowered around her, so why not just be a man?

He stood himself up and sat himself next to her.

"When I was 13, my dad went out for a stag do with some of his friends as someone he knew was getting married, obviously..." she began, she let out a long breath.

He could tell she really was about to tell him something he wasn't going to like.

"It was a weekend away in LA, me and my mother left at home with Carl, who was barely 1. She put me to bed after telling me off because of something non stupid, but I was just in her way, a couple hours passed and I was woken up to a loud bang coming from downstairs. Of course I went to go and look, when I got to my kitchen there I saw my mum and my dad's best friend going at it in our home, that best friend being Shane. I managed to walk away without getting noticed, but my stupid-ass got caught because I tripped up the stairs. All you heard was my mum panicking and someone else running my way. I turned back to see Shane, half naked and angry. He grabbed my arm and walked me back to the kitchen. My mum and him looked at me before pacing. They were like, what do we do?! She will tell her dad? So, Shane got in my face and pulled me close so I was inches away from him, he told me, if your dad ever finds out, I will live to regret it." She told Daryl, Theo pushing back her tears, she was a tough girl but the reasons behind it were a sensitive topic for her, but she knew, if she was about to tell this almost stranger, she could do it...