6th Chapter ♣ Jail Break

A/N: Douglas Booth as Corvan

"Celeste Academy is the school for the elites-aspiring knights and people of all sorts. It's a school of magic and everything else."

CHAPTER SIX JAIL BREAK

Valeriana groaned as she leaned back against the rough surface of the wall. She sat on top of the bed, twiddling her thumbs as the frame creaked noisily under her weight. Her eyes scanned the cramped space of the jail she was locked up in. She couldn't help but groan once more as she assessed what kind of situation she got herself into. She didn't even know where she was. There were still so many questions she had to ask.

"Hey," she said to the guard sitting quietly outside her cell. "Can I go to the bathroom?"

The guard, a brown-haired man with brown eyes, shot her an annoyed look through the bars before looking back ahead of him. "You just went a while ago."

"I'm bored . . ." she grumbled. "Can you give me something to eat?"

"You just ate."

"How about something to entertain myself with?"

"You are not allowed to have anything with you within that cell other than your body and your clothes for precautionary measures. I was given strict orders not to let you be in possession of anything that might aid you in your escape."

"But it's boring . . . I'm bored to death." she complained. "What am I supposed to do? I haven't taken a bath since the time I was taken here and I stink."

A few seconds of silence and Valeriana whined again, the guard grunted in annoyance at her continuous bothersome complains but didn't pay attention to her demands nonetheless.

"I need to do something or I'm going to go insane!"

She stood up from the bed and stretched her stiff muscles. The bed made groaning noises as she popped her knuckles and squared her shoulders. She did nothing but sleep, eat, and stare into space for god knows how long.

"Watch me whip!" she began. "Watch me nae nae!"

The guard shot a glance her way curiously, eyeing her as if she was some sort of weirdo. Valeriana ignored him and went on with the task of entertaining herself.

"Every day I'm shuffling!" She did some shuffling somewhere along the chorus and threw in some random steps along the way since she didn't exactly know the whole choreography.

The guard looked away, muttering something about kids these days and crazy girls who didn't act properly. Valeriana disregarded his offending comments and continued.

After she felt worn out from her little dance session, she slowly started to grow bored out of her mind once more. She sat back on her bed and tapped her feet impatiently.

What was a person supposed to do when bored rigid?

One answer.

Valeriana chuckled. "Hey, Mr. Guard," she called.

"What?"

"Knock-knock."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh I forgot. You don't know knock-knock jokes. When I say knock-knock, you say who's there, 'kay? And for example I said Mickey, you say Mickey who? alright?"

"Will this keep you quiet?"

"I dunno. Maybe." She shrugged.

He reluctantly agreed. "Alright."