18th Chapter ♣ Weapon's Art

"And here starts a new chapter."

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ♣ WEAPON'S ART

After getting changed, they both steadily navigated through the corridor once more and guided Valeriana to the training field. After doing so, the girl happily waved at Valeriana and said she would be back after her class to fetch her.

"How kind of her," she said before walking into the grassy field. Students were already hanging around dressed in the proper attire, holding their own swords in hand. "So this is swordsmanship, huh?"

The expanse of the training yard was filled with students currently taking their lessons. It was further subdivided into different sections based on the weapons being taught. The other classes were being displayed in full view since the only thing separating them was distance.

Valeriana looked to the sky. The view of the beautiful, ethereal color of a clear, bright, blue with fluffy and soft-looking white clouds stretching from above ruled her sight. The gentle breeze caressed her cheeks and willfully played with her hair. Even though this wasn't the world she originally came from, she couldn't help but think it was beautiful.

"Enjoying the view?" A man's voice echoed beside her.

Valeriana's heart leaped to her throat. She craned her neck to see who just appeared. It was a man with dirty blond hair and brown eyes. He looked especially strong. He had slight stubble on his chin and wore a cheerful smile.

"Oh . . . uh, yeah. I really haven't seen anything like it," she said, hand on her chest as she tried to calm her racing heart. "This world is beautiful. Well, it's my first time seeing it like this."

"This world?" The man raised a brow at her. "Don't tell me . . ."

"I'm the rumored human." Valeriana grinned, speaking for him.

He said, laughing. "You took the words right out of my mouth! So your name is Valeriana, is that correct? Valeriana Kerrigan?" He tilted his neck to the side as he gazed at the young girl in front of him with his questioning gaze.

"Yup!" She answered enthusiastically.

"I never saw you up close when you fought Courtney, but now that I see you face to face, you're quite the cute kid, aren't you?" His booming laughter echoed throughout the training yard. Valeriana stared at him in confusion as he reached out and patted her on the head.

"Not . . . really."

The man's laughter came to a stop and he looked down at her with curiosity. "Why not?" He paused. "Oh, wait a moment. Let me look at you." He reached for her shoulders and pulled her towards him gently, his eyes staring straight into hers as if searching for something.

"Why?"

"When I caught you looking up at the sky just now, I thought you looked a lot like someone I know," he stated. "I mistook you for her at first, really. It was hilarious."

"Really?"

The man stared at her for a moment. "It's like she was reincarnated."

"Oh . . . she's dead?"

"Unfortunately," he whispered. "But that woman did a lot of good things when she was still alive. Her words were a thousand tons heavy that it could change something completely."

"Wow."

"My name is Hajji Tarragon. I'll be your instructor. Unless, of course, you came to the wrong class. But no, I have your name on my class list. So, you're probably not lost."