46th Chapter ♣ We Meet Again

"There are twelve Celestial Knights serving the king at his round table."

Chapter Forty-Six ♣ We Meet Again

Valeriana remembered telling the king that she should be able to find her way around but, alas, what grave mistake it was. She underestimated the whole thing and got lost on her way to find the restroom. With the previously beautiful, silky, sky-blue dress now drenched in water that she spewed directly from her mouth, Valeriana felt uncomfortable to have her clothes sticking to her skin.

She tugged on the wet portion of the dress' skirts and grimaced. "Agh. Genius, Valeriana. Genius!" She threw her arms in the air. "Now, I'm lost. Why does this place have to be so freaking big?"

It was poor judgment on her part. She should've taken up the king's offer to have someone accompany her, but the girl was so embarrassed that she wanted to have some time to herself and recover.

She just had to cough up water in front of the table.

Letting her eyes get a gist of her surroundings, she found herself in a long and seemingly endless corridor with limitless options of twists and turns. The wall on her right side had large and arched windows in which the moonlight beamed through. The floor was the color of jade, made entirely out of polished marble. Although the interior of the palace was a sight to behold, her attention was once again captured by the sight of its exterior.

Why was it that the meadow of flowers right outside the palace seemed to bring her odd, nostalgic feelings? She eyed the field of bright flowers. Unconsciously, she moved towards the window and placed her hand on the glass which felt cold. It was strangely comforting.

She saw a figure move from the corner of her eye. Valeriana instinctively followed the source and she saw a figure, draped in an elegant cloak of white silk trimmed with gold at the ends standing amongst the flowers. A wind blew and the cloth fluttered around the mysterious person, framing the figure of his legs from waist down. He held his hood in place, afraid that the wind would blow it off.

There was something familiar about him . . .

Curious, Valeriana looked around for a way outside. She walked, glancing about in search for a door but failed. She turned her attention to the windows again and got an idea. Eagerly walking towards the window closest to her, she unbolted and opened it wide before slipping through the narrow passage it managed to provide.

Once her feet landed on solid ground, she hiked up the skirts of her dress and started approach the lonely figure. She had a feeling she knew who it was, but it seemed unlikely and this could be another person for all she cared. Besides, judging from the clothes he was wearing, he must not be just anyone.

As she neared, the sound of her feet crushing the blades of grass gave her away. The mysterious figure turned in alarm at her presence and his feet shifted very lightly in attempt to flee, but when he saw it was Valeriana, he stilled.

The girl squinted in order to make out the face of the man before her under the darkness offered by his cloak.

"Kyrell?" She gasped.

He looked equally taken aback. "Valeriana?"

"Oh my gosh!" She jumped excitedly. "I never thought I'd see you here!"

"I . . . are you the guest King Laedin said was coming?" he asked.

"I'm not just the only guest, though," she told him, standing beside him. "What are you doing here by the way? Do you live here? Are you secretly the prince or something?" She jokingly nudged him with her elbow.