(5) The Dragon King

Hey Guys!

So obviously this story wasn't entered in the Watty Awards which is dissapointing, but lets get realistic, it wasn't going to be finished in time haha. Some of you have been asking on The Facebook Page if I have died and I haven't! Nor did I get squashed by a giant canvas. I have just been busy :)

So here is the next chapter, and for those of you who are still reading, I hope you enjoy it :) Oh and your going to have to use your imagination a bit, there are almost no words for what I was picturing in my mind while I was writing it haha

Love you all,

Daisy xx

Chapter Five

(Circe's P.O.V)

His eyes watched me as I fell and the feeling of elation inside my mind did not waver, even when Unabonan's roar of fear echoed through the mountain as he was forced to continue the spinning cycle up the mountain. If he broke away now or made one wrong move, the entire tower of spinning dragons would crash into one another and he would send them all plummeting to their death.

I blinked and suddenly Anthemin was falling right beside me, his glowing eyes wide and curious. I spun through the air so that I was falling face down reaching out towards him as he craned his neck towards me and we met halfway, my palm resting squarely in the middle of his forehead. 

Are you of the Air?

Something stirred deep inside of me at his question. 

I am half. I replied without thinking, the answer presenting itself in the forefront of my mind.

Then stop yourself Vanima.

His request did not seem unreasonable. My eyes did not budge from his as I pondered his words and suddenly the world froze. 

I was suspended in mid air, and, feeling slightly light headed, I looked up to see the other dragons frozen in time, the beautiful spinning and dancing paused for a millisecond although, when I looked harder, they were still moving, but at such an incredibly slow pace that they appeared to not move at all. 

My eyes flickered back to Anthemin. 

You did this?

He blinked.

We did this. Together. 

Together?

Together.

Who are you?

I am the Anthemin. 

Why do I feel-

Like we are connected? Because we are, I have been waiting for someone and you are that someone. 

I paused for a moment but his large opal eyes offered no more explanation.  

What happens now?

You climb on my back and we fly.  Right yourself Vanima, do not think about the how, imagine it and the actions will come. 

I did as he asked and imagined myself standing upright in mid air with the world still paused around me. A second passed and then I was the right way up. I walked cautiously towards him and a curious sensation overtook my body, as though the air around me was suddenly solid and I had to push my way through.