(25) Mixed Feelings

Hey Guys!

So I am not completely happy with this chapter - however I wanted to give you guys a chapter with a few different point of views so that you could start forming opinions on some of the more main characters in the story. Sorry that it is a little shorter than usual, I hope you all enjoy it!

I am still trying to get this finished for the 15th - however whether we make it or not, we will have to see :) Itll probably result in me uploading a lot of chapters in one go, although I don't want to rush the story so if I think I can't get it done to standard, then I won't get it done in time for the Watty deadline, but that isn't a big issue :)

Happy reading,
Love you all!
Daisy xx

_________________________________________________

(Circe’s P.O.V)

“I will miss you, be good and be safe. I will see you when you return.” My Mother leaned forward to kiss me on both cheeks, hugging me tightly.

She, Queen Airocei and Ambrose had come down to the ships to see us off. I approached my Aunt next, leaving the hardest for last.

My Aunt smiled, gathering me in an embrace. “I will miss you young one, I know that you will do well on this journey. Good luck.” She looked at me seriously before pulling away to go to her own children.

I looked at Ambrose then, with tears forming in my eyes and my Mother smiled knowingly, stepping back to Zalas and Aranel in order to give us some privacy.

“Do you really have to stay?” I was embarrassed to find my voice wobbling slightly.

Ambrose’s eyes were soft as he looked at me, reaching up a hand to touch the side of my face gently. “I will be here when you return.”

I threw myself into his embrace and he held me tightly, his head bowing and his long hair brushing my cheek, a few blue strands tangling into my tears. “I will miss you so much, thank you, for everything you have done for me.” I said gratefully. And I was  grateful, incredibly so. I hadn't known him for long, but already I felt as though he had been there for me through a lifetime of hurt. 

He kissed the top of my head gently and I shivered as he pulled away, looking up into his crystal blue eyes. “You are most welcome Princess. Good luck on your journey. I know you will do what is right.” His voice was deep, carefull ... calculating. 

I smiled through my tears, finding his last words a little strange but choosing not to dwell on it, for at that moment, Lacy stuck her head over the side of the ship, yelling down at us that it was time to board.

I would be accompanying Cobalt and Hobbson on the original vessel that we had arrived on and I was very pleased with the arrangement. Lacy, Nathaniel, Amaryllis, Leonardo, Samson and all of the rest of the original crew were also aboard the ship and I couldn’t have been happier. It would be just like the old days, except for one stark difference of course.

Anthemin’s head broke the surface of the water a few meters away from me. I smiled and waved at him and he smiled toothily back before sinking back below into the blue depths, rocking the massive vessels slightly. The other Dragons were also present, all of them, although three would be staying behind to escort the Air Queen back to the Kingdom when she decided to go. Anthemin, Unabonan, Zarska and Nelonimi would be joining us on our journey to the Earth Kingdom.

The call came to board again, but from a different ship this time. I looked over to see King Darius striding about his deck, a massive fur cape decorating his shoulders. I hadn’t realised that he had brought his own crew, but then he had to have gotten here somehow. From what I had seen of his crew members, they were all similarly built, strong, tall and muscular. I knew that they couldn’t possibly all be Lycans, Lycans were too rare … weren’t they?