(28) My Love

Hey Guys, here is the next Chapter! Happy reading :)
Love Daisy xx

_________________________________________________________

(Circe’s P.O.V)

It was sometime before everyone was organised enough to begin the journey from the beach towards the Elven Kingdom. With Hobbson’s words and my resolve still fresh in my mind, I watched as King Greyson finished speaking to Jenna and, after summoning his men, spoke to them quickly before they disappeared into the forest and were swallowed up by the greenery.

With what I considered to be the largest threat gone from the vicinity, my focused now turned to the troop of Elves, who were efficiently organizing, it seemed, who was going to do what when it came to securing the prisoner.

Obsidian did not seem to care particularly that his guard had changed from Lycan to Elf. He had been forced to sit, for the time being, against a tree and his head was slumped onto his chest, his longer hair falling forward to conceal his face from view. He seemed to be sleeping and I did not blame him, his whole body showed signs of extreme fatigue and while there was no immediate signs of danger or torture headed his way, it was a good time for him to rest.
Something about these Elves told me that they were not ones for torture, or at least, this particular group wasn’t, none the less, I was keeping careful watch, just in case.

Normally, I would have been helping the others as they gathered supplies that were needed for the trek, but the lure of his presence had me wringing my hands and effectively unwilling to do anything other than try to be subtle about watching his every move.

Amaryllis had picked up on this and came to sit beside me in the sand, her eyes knowing.

“We are almost ready to leave.” She began.

“Good.” I picked up a handful of sand and let it run through my fingers. Looking up into the skies I could see no sign of Anthemin, although the link in my mind told me that he had caught prey, his hunger was not satisfied just yet. His joy at eating food that was flavoured strongly with sea salt had me smiling slightly.

“You did not tell me about him. Your feelings for him,” She persisted.

“There is nothing to tell.” I clenched my jaw. “No-one is supposed to know Liss, such a thing might as well be treason to the throne, and I didn’t involve you for good reason.”

She sighed. “Cobalt told me,” She continued quietly, ignoring my words. “She also told me about your suspicion that he was framed for the egg. I believe you.”

I looked at her, startled. “You do? But you weren’t there, you haven’t met him.”

Her words were simple. “I cannot believe that if you know the whole story and you still love him, that he could be as evil as everyone says. Even Cobalt is proof of that.”

I smiled at her through watery eyes and leant into her for a hug. “Thanks Liss.”

*

(Obsidian’s P.O.V)

I was woken rudely by a sharp tug on the chained collar around my neck. Blinking blearily, I hadn’t realised that I had even fallen asleep. It was a small mercy that they had even let me sleep at all.

“Wake up.” The harsh voice brought my attention to the petite Elf that was crouched in front of me, her gaze hard and distrustful. She was waving a water skin in my face.

“Drink,”

Without hesitation I grabbed it from her and downed the entire thing in seconds. Her voice was angry as she handed me a small morsel of bread.