(9) The Burning Inside

Hey Guys!! 

Prepare yourselves for one MASSIVE Chapter in celebration of my hitting 14,000 fans!! We had a little competition running on my fan page on Facebook, where fans told me what they would like to see happen in the story and the idea with the most likes would have their idea put through. There was a tie, so this Chapter is dedicated to Yuuki Cross, as her idea was first to come up in the plot line I have laid out. 

Hope you guys enjoy!!

Lots of Love,

Daisy xx

P.S Huge thankyou to all of the votes that have been pouring in, even though I've been away for a long time, it's really great to have your support!!

(Obsidian's P.O.V)

Crash.

I threw the chair across the room, watching it splinter against the wall in satisfaction. My chest heaved as upturned my book-shelf with a roar, books tumbling out onto the floor. Storming over to my bed, I ripped back my curtain, the tearing of material only angered me further and I ripped the entire curtain off it's rail, the soft material floating down to the floor.

Growling, I reached her door and yanked it open, breaking the lock and almost ripping it off it's hinges. Almost an entire week. I had not seen her for almost an entire week and that was how she treated me? With nothing but indifference?

"No!" I roared, slamming open her door and ripping it from it's hinges. "You will not treat me like that!" 

Her bedroom mirror stood opposite the door, showing me the monster I had become in her absence. The jagged scar sliced through my face and my eyes were burning with a fierce fire. My chest was heaving and covered in a thin layer of sweat, the cursed pendant sticking to my skin. 

I stared at myself for a moment, the anger slowly building up inside me and letting out a roar I tore at my face. This stupid scar! Those horrible creatures! I pulled back, blood at my finger tips and looked at myself again. A twisted, anger fueled face glared back, blood oozing from the slices in his cheeks. He rolled his neck from side to side and bared his pointed teeth at me. I tore at my hair and screamed, a long, hoarse brutal sound that didn't sound as though it was coming from my mouth. I dropped to my knees, my body shaking and stared wide eyed at the floor boards beneath my fingertips. 

Had I become a monster? Or had I just found myself again?

*      *      *

(Circe's P.O.V)

Anthemin and I were busy playing a game of tag when I felt it. There were vibrations in the water, something was coming towards us. My head broke the surface of the water and I peered in the direction that the ships would be coming from. The small dots that had appeared on the horizon roughly an hour ago had gotten bigger and I squealed in excitement. Anthemin appeared beside me, his nostrils snorting out buckets of water.

Some-one approaches us Vanima.

"I know!" I said, forgetting for a moment about communicating through my mind. "Look, they are closer." I pointed towards the ships and he followed my gaze. 

Some-one else. 

I looked at him in confusion, sliding back below the surface of the water. Through the clear seas, I could see for miles and I quickly spotted the large shape swimming towards us. It was no where large or awkward enough to be a dragon, which meant it had to be ...