(11) Discussions

(Circe’s P.O.V)

“Obsidian, what are we going to do?” I asked softly, stroking his jawline and reaching up to kiss it gently.

He flexed his neck from side to side, a muscle twitching in his jaw. His arms tightened around me and he dipped his head to nip at my earlobe.

“I don’t know.” He said huskily. “But I do know that I refuse to stay away from you anymore. We can do this, we just can’t …” He trailed off, a pained expression on his face.

“We just can’t tell anyone.” I finished disappointment in my heart. I reached up and softly ran a finger down the length of his scar that marred the right side of his face.

“Yes.” He said his voice stony. “We just can’t tell anyone.”

“I don’t think it would be that bad, would it? I mean sure, Hobbs will be angry and so will Zalas and Aranel … and Queen Airocei … and my Mother.” I sighed and he chuckled but it was a humourless laugh. 

“Trust me Love, it wouldn’t be good for either of us if they found out.” He said finality in his voice. I wanted to ask him why, besides the obvious of course, he seemed to have another reason and I wanted to know what it was. As if he knew what I was thinking, his hand suddenly came down to cup my cheek and he looked into my eyes.

“Don’t ask me.” He said. His voice was cold, but at the same time, there was an underlying emotion that I could not put my finger on. I looked away, biting my lip as I did.

He growled softly in my ear and his thumb came around to gently pull my lip away from my teeth. “It would be best for both of us if you didn’t do that Darling.” He murmured his voice as soft as velvet as he dipped his head to capture my lips with his own.

The kiss was soft and sensual, yet the slow burning passion that ran through me could not be denied. It smouldered, deep within me and I felt it linger there at my core. I could not make it disappear and I didn’t want to. The other within me was purring contentedly, satisfied with the attention we were being shown. Every kiss he gave made her more and more submissive and she wanted him above us, asserting his dominance.

Breathless, I pushed him away gently. As much as I was addicted, we could not stay here all day or people would become suspicious and our attempts at secrecy would be for nothing. He rumbled out a growl, his lips full and swollen, his eyes hooded and slightly un-focused as he reached for me again, snarling softly when I evaded his grasp.

“Do not deny me Kitten,” He said dangerously, the new pet name slipping naturally from his lips. I shuddered with want but attempted to keep my head.

“Obsidian, we need to go back outside. You will be wanted above deck soon; we can’t stay in here all day.” I tried to reason with him but he was having none of it.

“I’m the Captain, I can do what I want” He snarled, baring his teeth slightly. His incisors were slightly pointed and I realised that maybe the other was rising in him too. He did have the blood of Elven Royalty flowing through his veins after all. “Now come here.”

He managed to snag me, pulling me back into his hard chest and burying his face in my hair. Normally I would not have stood for being ordered around by him but something had changed since last night, something that would not go away and I found myself relishing in the dominance he had over me and in the way he surrounded me with his body.

All of that was broken when a sudden knock on the door sent us flying apart to opposite sides of the room as we looked at each other in shock for a moment. Obsidian was the first to recover and he straightened, making his way over to his desk as he pretended to be studying something.