(8) The Truth About Zalas

(Circe's P.O.V)

I woke in my own bed for the first time in days, having dragged myself there after realizing that I couldn't simply sit outside his door all night, wondering what on earth was wrong with my life. I hadn't bothered to turn on the light when I had entered, so the repairs to the room had escaped unnoticed by me.

Now, blinking tiredly and sitting up in my bed I looked around the room in wonder. It had been entirely restored, there was no longer a gaping hole in the wall. My piano had not really been damaged in the first place, thanks to a certain someone having enough common sense to bolt it to the floor.

The wood of my room had been painted a lovely creamy white and, with some surprise, I noticed a new door in the wall, almost directly opposite the one that led out into Obsidians room.

Kicking my feet out of bed, my night gown swirled around my feet as I made my way over to the mysterious door. Upon turning the knob I let out a delighted laugh. The door lead out, right to the back of the ship, where a small balcony had been built, with wooden carved railings. I ventured outside, clinging to the railing as the familiar sensation of a swiftly moving ship came back to me.

We were moving! We must have set sail last night and I had just been too tired to notice. We were well out of the fog, I could see the thick shadowy mass moving swiftly away from us, although it was still a prominent feature in the distance. The water was calm and smooth and we were cutting through it quickly, although there appeared to be no wind.

Strange ... I thought to myself.

Princess. You are awake.

Rearing magnificently out the water like a great white sea serpent, I came face to face with Unabonan, his sudden appearance making me stumble back in shock. I didn't think I would ever get used to the look of these giant creatures.

Water poured steadily off his hard white scales and he created a bigger wake than the boat as he twisted easily through the water, keeping pace with no effort. He blinked a great white eye at me and huffed out a little steam through his seashell shaped nostrils.

Anthemin has been waiting for you to arise.

Is he alright? I asked worriedly.

Unabonan snorted delicately to the side, spraying out a load of sea water and what looked like a fish, which hit the water with a smack and quickly swam away. His shook his great head from side to side.

Irritating creatures.

His head sank a little bit lower into the water until only the top half of his head was visible, his eyes trained on my face.

He is well Vanima. He is just concerned with the amount of energy you used yesterday on healing Half-breed child.

Don't call him that, I thought angrily. His name is Cobalt.

Unabonan did not reply, instead he sunk completely below the waves and disappeared from sight.

I stepped back from the railing, feeling a little apprehensive and a lot of angry, even though our conversation was as short as short could be. Cobalt was worth just as much as anyone else. So what if I had chosen to use alot of energy healing him, that was my choice.

And it was a good choice Vanima.

Anthemin?

Yes.

I know it was a good choice, but he doesn't seem to share the same opinion.

Prince Unabonan is bound to Prince Zalas. Anthemin's words whirled around my head, his voice calm and strong.Their opinions tend to be the same about alot of things. It is not worth disrespecting a Dragon for.