(27) Realizing Fate

Hey Guys!

Sorry I have been away for a while, Christmas, New Years and the first week of Summer School were busier than expected, but now I am all moved into my new flat I have a time to settle back into the story :) Sorry that it was not finished for the New Year, but we are nearing the end now hopefully!! 

I would like to dedicate this chapter to Jenna Streety, winner of the creative writing comp I held on Facebook - a chance for fans to write a small narrative from a point of view of one of the characters in APK :) Her prize was designing a character based on herself to fit into the series and after months of typing in order to get up to the appropriate time I am finally able to bring her character into the story! So thanks for your inspiration Jenna! 

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! 
Lots of Love,
Daisy

The days flew by quickly and after my run in, I did not venture anywhere near Darius Greyson again, choosing instead to bide my time in hope that once we reached land, contact with Obsidian might be possible.

We were growing closer to our destination and Anthemin and I channeled all of our energy in training, forcing other thoughts from our minds as we threw ourselves into the mock battles with a heightened sense of ferocity.

Eventually the time came where I woke up in the morning to hear a call from the crow’s nest, confirming the sighting of land. As I stood at the stern of the ship, breathing in the crisp morning air, this call brought mixed feelings.

My time aboard the ship this time had been short and I was only just getting the hang of my sea legs again. I had felt more at home aboard this ship than I had in a long time, tucked up safely in my little room with miles upon miles of ocean stretching out around me, I wasn’t ready to leave yet.

But there was excitement there too and I stretched my arms out to the side, catching the sea spray and closing my eyes briefly. I was about to explore land with fresh new eyes, eyes that now knew exactly what roamed across the Earth’s surface, eyes that had seen the Other. I was chomping at the bit, eager to dock and start exploring.

Land was still a little ways off though, just a black strip settling across the horizon as the sun rose from behind it. At the speed we were travelling, it wouldn’t be long now though and I was impatient. Calling for Anthemin in my mind I waited, eager for him to appear. He rose up out of the water gracefully, like a whale leaping from the ocean, and he flew upwards as though he was still swimming through the water, his body flexing and twisting. He had grown immensely, the sea air and intense training making him flourish and he was now roughly three quarters of the size of Unabonan as opposed to just under half the size of the old Dragon, which he had been upon entering the Water Kingdom.

I saw Hobbson watching me closely as I lept over the side of the ship, settling into the groove in Anthemin’s neck. I gave him a reassuring smile as we took off, breathing out a sigh of relief as soon as we were high enough in the air.

I needed to get away.

I understand Vanima.

I was tired of being patronized. After the incident with Darius, both Hobbson and Cobalt had been keeping a close watch on me. I suspected that Zalas as well had heard of what had happened for our training sessions were long and unavoidable, taking up most of the day and leaving us too exhausted afterwards to do anything but go to sleep.

I felt myself relaxing as we few towards land. I knew that the ships would probably arrive in the evening, and although it might be dangerous, I wanted to go exploring. Land was so close and the temptation of all that it held was being dangled right in front of my nose. I was confident that with Anthemin me we could deal with any issues that might arise before the ships made port.