Chapter 4

Back in Miami with the boys

(Chris' p.o.v.)

I could tell by the way that Michael's whole mood changed when Ci left because of him that he still cared about her. I didn't understand why he just wouldn't tell her how he felt about her. Their beef was beginning to come in between the crew since they never wanted to be around each other and everyone was tired of that so something had to give.

"Yo, Mike. I think you should tell Ci you miss her."

"Why would you want me to lie to her?"

"Get the fuck outta here, bro. I don't know if you're trying to fool us or yourself but you know damn well you miss her."

Shad then added in his two cents but Mike still wasn't going for it. This was going to be tough considering the fact that both of them were very stubborn individuals, but it was going to happen one way or another.

***

Once we got back to Chris' house, the boys were nowhere to be found and I felt a wave of relief spread over my body. I flopped down on the couch, cut the TV on, and put on "Freddy vs. Jason". In the middle of the movie, I heard Chris' screen door open that led to the backyard and then the boys came through the door dripping wet from being in the pool. I couldn't help but eye Michael's body because it was bangin' but I quickly looked away before he could catch me looking at him but I decided to speak to him.

"Sup, Mikey?"

His facial expression was beyond priceless as I smirked a little feeling satisfied that I'd completely caught him off guard.

"Umm. Hey, Ci." He replied back, leaving everyone in the room confused. I was sure no one thought that I would speak to him again but things change and people grow up.

(Michael's p.o.v.)

Since the boys and I decided we were going to stay the week in Miami with Chris, I figured it was time to make things right with Ci. I knew that she left earlier because of me and although I've done a pretty good job at hiding my emotions with this whole situation thus far, her leaving like that really hurt me.

I made my way to the room she and Chelsey were in and knocked on the door. I could hear her voice say come in and saw her eyes widen when she looked up and saw me standing in her door way. After a minute of just standing there watching her stare at me, Chelsey got up and left the room.

"You can come in and sit down if you'd like."

I hesitated before I decided to sit down on the edge of the couch that sat next to her bed. She slid to the edge of the bed so that she was facing directly in front of me. "So, what brings you into my room?" She asked as she tried to study my face.

She knew me like a book so I was almost positive that she knew exactly what was going on through my head.

"First off I want to start off saying that, I deeply apologize for leaving you stranded that night. I know that me apologizing would never take away the hurt you felt and probably still do feel."

She stared back at me, eyes full of heartache and I couldn't even really blame her for hating me but I could blame me for giving up so easily.

"You want to know what bothers me the most about that situation?"

"What's that?"

"The fact that you let me hate you for an entire year and that you're with the same female that you left me stranded for and haven't felt any type of remorse for what you did."

"You cut me off Ci, what was I supposed to do?"

"I cut you off because you left me stranded for the same bitch that fucked the crew the weekend after you took my virginity! The fuck kind of shit is that?"

"I wasn't with her during that time, Ci. She was just there with me I swear."

"That still doesn't explain why you left me stranded, Michael. This conversation is beginning to get pointless."

I threw my hands up to my face in frustration and I felt the tears stinging my eyes. I usually don't cry but Ci was beginning to tear me down piece by piece.

I wiped my face as swiftly as possible so she wouldn't be able to tell my eyes had watered up and I proceeded with our conversation. "Look, I just want to know if we can work on our friendship. I want you back in my life."