Chapter 3

The next morning I woke up to some loud ass laughing coming from downstairs and I immediately got irritated because I hated being waken up out of my sleep.

I swung my door open hard, flew down the stairs, and saw Chris playing Madden with Shad, Justin (B.), DeAndre, Trey, and the last person I wanted to see, Michael.

I stood at the foot of the stairs frozen in place and when I snapped out of my trance, I turned to go back upstairs but, then I heard my name being called.

"So you really going to bring yo yellow ass down here and not speak?" I heard Shad say with a disappointed look on his face. I turned and started to walk over to where they were sitting and spoke to all of the boys except Michael and then I went back upstairs. I jumped in the shower and just thought about what move I was going to make next, so I decided to take the g5 back to Los Angeles for the day. I was pretty sure that chris wouldn't mind since he knew I didn't want anything to do with Michael.

***

I rang the doorbell to my best friend, Chelsey's house and waited for her to come to the door. She looked sleepy but more so pissed off than sleepy. I forgot that I was three hours ahead of her in Miami and I'd left there at ten. It only took two hours to get here so it was only nine by the time I got to Los Angeles. She slid over to let me in and ran back upstairs to go back to sleep. I'd taken a nap on the plane so I just made myself at home like I always did and fixed me a snack then watched tv until she decided she was going to wake up.

***

Two hours later Chelsey came downstairs fully dressed with a more pleasant look on her face.

"The next time you pop up at my house that early, at least let a nigga know you're coming."

I laughed at her as she fixed a bagel and then plopped down on the couch next to me.

"So, what brings you back to Los Angeles? You back from vacation already?"

"Na. I got the g5 to bring me back for the day since Chris decided he was going to invite Michael over without telling me."

She rolled her eyes and dropped her bagel down on the plate in disgust.

"You're still holding that grudge against him?"

"No, I'm not holding any grudges I just don't want to talk to him. Why the fuck can't anybody just understand that?"

"Because, he was your best friend, Ci."

"Ugh, fuck that. It isn't like he's trying to change our situation either so what the fuck makes me so wrong?"

She sat there for a minute thinkin of what to say next. "Yes he did. He came to the hospital crying his eyes out for you when he found out what happened and he apologized a million times but you pushed him away."

"I don't care. No apology that he makes could ever change my mind about how I feel about him."

She stopped talking and stared off into space a little. I knew Chelsey and since I did I knew she was thinking of a solution to solve this problem.

"Call Malcolm, you're leaving early and to meet us back at the g5. We're going to Miami so you can talk to Michael."

"But I don't wanna talk to him, Chelsey. Just leave it alone please."

She ignored me and grabbed her things to walk out of the door. I drug myself out of the house and into her car because I really didn't want to mend anything with the person that shattered my heart and our friendship into pieces.