Chapter 7

Later that night, I was laying down in the bed with my mom as we watched television. I never slept in my own room but I would have to start back when my mom goes back out of town for her business trips. Luckily for me, she only has them every few months or so, which means I still spend plenty of time with her. My phone started to vibrate and a smile spread across my face when I saw the picture of Michael pop up on my screen. "Oh hell no, you not about to be on the phone in here cakin' 'n' shit." My mom said as I laughed at her craziness and ran into the hallway so I could answer the phone. "Hello?" "Hey babe. What you up to?" "Well, I was laying down with mommy but she kicked me out when you called. What about you?" "Nothing, just leaving the studio with your brother. He said what's up." "Tell him I said hey. When am I going to see y'all again?" "I don't even know. We not doing a show in Cali so it might not be until the tour is over. You know coming to see you is the first stop I'm making." I smiled at the end but got sad at the beginning. I hated when they were on tour but Michael always made it his business to call me every night no matter how tired he was and for that, I was thankful.

------------------------------------------------------

Saturday [Homecoming]

I looked at myself one more time before walking out of the door with satisfaction. I had on a silver halter sequenced dress with black opened toe pumps and a black clutch. Chelsey was right behind me with a more relaxed outfit on. She was wearing a black fitted tank with a hot pink skirt and black and silver flats. Both of our hair was in curls and might I say we were looking mighty fine. As I drove to the Miller house, I began to get a little nervous. I didn't know why but I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and over the years I've learned to trust that gut feeling. Once we arrived to the house, Romeo and I took pictures and his parents made sure that they made it clear how cute we looked together. On the way to the field, I couldn't help but think about Michael. Ever since he told me he and Chyna weren't together anymore I'd been considering trying out a relationship with him but at the same time, I was starting to miss Romeo. I was stuck in between a rock and a hard place and I didn't know what I wanted and neither of them were making my decision any easier.

Romeo ended up winning prom king and the whole school was practically taking pictures of us. Everyone kept shouting out how cute we were and things like that but I tried my best to ignore it. That night, Romeo, Chelsey, our home boy Kirk, and I went to eat at IHOP. I was getting all types of mentions with pictures of Romeo and I from the homecoming and next thing I knew, Michael was blowing my phone up. I put it on silent and set it back inside of my clutch and decided to deal with him later.

***

Later on that night, Romeo's dad threw a party for him and there were all types of celebrities there. Even though Romeo didn't make music anymore, he and his dad were still heavily respected in the music industry so all of their parties were pretty much a success. I was having so much fun that I forgot I needed to see what Michael wanted. That was, until he walked into the party and dragged me all the way outside of the building. I was so mad that he would even come to find me like this and mess up the fun that I was having. "What the fuck is your problem, Michael?" "Why haven't you answered my calls, Ci?" "Because I've obviously been busy. I was going to call you back, dude. You really need to chill." "How am I supposed to chill when you're nowhere to be found?" "Wait, aren't you supposed to be in Texas or something? Why are you all the way in L.A.?" He paused for a second, looking for the right words to say. I folded my arms, threw my hip to the side, and looked at him with my right eyebrow raise d. Something here was definitely not right. "I-I came to see why you weren't answering the phone. I don't want you hanging with Romeo, Ci. I don't want him to hurt you again." I rolled my eyes because I knew this was coming. I was sick of people trying to baby step me through life. If I was making a mistake, I needed to learn that on my own. How do they expect me to grow stronger if I can never go through anything? "Im fine, Michael. He's not doing anything to me so just stop it and go back to your tour. I'll call you later." I said walking away. I could hear him cuss under his breath and I just shook my head. I hope he wasn't about to start this shit up that he started with Romeo in the past. Who's to say that we would even get back on a level above friends?