Chapter 19

(Chelsey's p.o.v.)

"She has a head full of hair and she's so red and tiny." An exhausted Ci said as she described the appearance of my baby girl. They had her in ICU fighting for her life at 1lb and 2 oz. I was so distraught that I couldn't see her, I couldn't hold her. I was in ICU as well fighting for my own life. I stressed so bad, and made myself go into premature labor at six and a half months pregnant. This made me almost hate Chris and want to kill Robyn's satellite forehead having ass.

"Who does she look like?"

She pulled out her phone and showed me a picture and she looked a lot like me. She looked so helpless with all those monitors hooked up to her and I couldn't help but to cry. Chris walked over to my hospital bed and cried right along with me. I hated him, but I needed him. Ci walked back to her pull out couch that she and Michael were sharing and let some tears fall as well.

------------------------------------------------------

[One month later]

(Chelsey's p.o.v.)

I was sitting in the hospital room with a depressed ass baby daddy. Both of us had been depressed because our baby girl was barely holding on. The doctors couldn't ever tell us if she would make it to see the next day and I couldn't bear the thought of waking up to them telling me my baby girl didn't make it. I haven't even held her since she was born and she's barely gaining weight. All day, everyday I pray for some type of relief and I've yet to receive it, but I won't lose my faith...

--------

I was watching tv, well staring at the wall behind the tv when I heard Chris' phone vibrate on the night stand.

"Yo." I heard him plainly say into the phone.

"It's time?!" He said with a lot of excitement which in turn caused me to turn and look at him and I saw the biggest smile on his face. He jumped up out of his seat telling the person on the phone that he was on his way and practically ran out of the hospital room without saying goodbye to me or his daughter.

Worst thing about it was I knew exactly where he was going.

------------------------------------------------------

(Chris' p.o.v.)

I ran happily out of the hospital & sped over to the mental hospital to be there with Ri for the birth of our baby boy. I was so excited and couldn't wait to see what he looked like.

--------

I hurried up and parked, ran into the building and up to the receptionist desk but she already knew why I was there and pointed me into the direction of labor and delivery. I walked through the door to see Ri going through a contraction and couldnt help but feel sorry for her. Lord knows I was one glad man that I didn't have to experience labor pains.

I walked over to her and tried to comfort her by rubbing her hand but she snatched away. I frowned a little, but understood she was in too much pain to want anyone touching her.

--------

An hour or two later, Isaiah Terrell was born. It definitely wasn't the name I'd suggested or approved but it didn't matter to me. He looked just like me and he was healthy and that was all that was important to me.

"You want something to eat?" I asked Ri.

She looked over at me with an annoyed frown. "No, but I would like for you to get out." She said in a voice filled with hate. I understood though. It probably was just because she wanted to sleep, so I silently dismissed myself and decided to go back to the hospital with Chelsey.

--------

As I stepped out of the elevator, I saw Chelsey sitting in a chair with her knees to her chest, her arms folded over her knees, and her head laying in the fold of her elbow. Michael had Ci cradled with her head buried in her neck and she was asleep as well but Michael was watching tv. As I approached them, his head turned and the look on his face would've definitely murdered me if looks could kill.

"Damn, my nigga. Why you looking at me like that?"

"Yo bitch ass."

"Da fuck is you disrespecting me for?" I asked feeling myself starting to get pissed off. Who the fuck this nigga thought he was?

"Because yo' dumb ass got yo' priorities all the way out of order. I know where the fuck you been yet. You got a daughter they just had to put on life support in the ICU and they said it's not looking good. So, I hope going to see that sick bitch was worth it. I know what you doing nigga. I ain't stupid. You'd think you'd realize who the fuck is more meaningful and better for yo' life."

I looked at him with plenty of disgust. I couldn't believe him of all people was turning his back on me. What the fuck did he know about what I needed in my life? Not a damn thing.

"Nigga, you don't know shit."

"What I do know is that you need to lower your voice before you wake them up or you gon' have to deal with me."

I scrunched my face up at this nigga, as he refocused himself back to the tv as I fanned him off and walked to the opposite side of the waiting room.

Fuck that nigga.