Chapter 20

@Obey_Chelsey helped me from this point of the story and was in charge of her p.o.v. as well as Chris's. Shout out to her times a million! Love her ass and she's such a talented writer so make sure you show her love for helping me make such a great story.

(Chelsey's p.o.v.)

"I'm sorry, Miss," the doctor said. "but there was nothing else we could do. I'm terribly sorry." I swear I lost my religion when the older white gentleman came out of Christina's room. I started acting like a maniac and throwing a fit. I picked up vases and started throwing them at the walls and throwing chairs. Eventually security came up but the doctor had calmed me down some and told them it was fine and he had everything under control. I just hysterically cried while he rubbed my back in a loving and fatherly way. Unlike the nurse from earlier who tried to comfort me, he actually cared. "What happened today? She was fine this morning." I sobbed to him. "Well, she stopped breathing so we had to perform CPR, then she was fine. But then her lungs collapsed." The doctor told me and it only made me cry harder. All during my session of waterworks a very pregnant Ci came waddling out of a nearby elevator damn near yanking Michael out with her. "Oh my gosh, Chelsey! Guess who cam-" she started to say but stopped abruptly when she saw my face. "What the hell happened, Chelsey?" She asked as she tried her hardest to squat down in front of me. "She's gone, Ci! She's gone." I choked out and looked in her stressed face. She stood up and pulled me up with her, welcoming me into her arms and rocking us side to side while I sobbed some more. "I'm really sorry to hear that, Chels." Michael said as he came closer to Ci and I and wrapped his arms around the both of us. **** The rest of the time there was horrible. I tried calling Chris numerous times as well as Ci and Mike but none of us could get through. About 30 minutes later he came walking in like nothing in the world mattered. I ran up to him and cried in his chest. "She's gone, Chris." I sobbed. I looked up at his face and saw he had no emotions. "If I was you I would get your filthy hands off my man." I heard Rihanna say as she walked up with her son in her arms. Chris then pushed me back so I wasn't on him, which confused the hell out of me. "Your man," I silently said. Nothing was making sense. "Chris," I called out. "What, Chelsey? Damn," "I said our daughter is fucking dead, Chris! Don't you even care?" "Hell no." "Chris!" Ci yelled. "Chris? Why? Is it because of this psycho bitch? Huh?" I asked, feeling myself get madder. "Chelsey, stop with the dramatics, okay. I don't even know why you comin' at me with this bullshit anyway. Read my lips, baby." He said looking at me with pure disgust. "I don't give a fuck about you or that baby. As far as I'm concerned I only have one child." His words cut me deep. The only man I ever loved was hurting me once again. "Hold up, Chris. You gettin' outta hand now. What's gotten into you, man?" Ci said, stepping in. "What's gotten into me? Nah, you need to be askin' ya friend what or should I say who's gotten into her. But then again why ask when I could tell you myself." He said. I looked at him confused along with Ci. "Chelsey, what's he talking about?" Ci asked me. "She cheated on me with ya homeboy Kirk. I saw the fuckin' paper, Chelsey. You thought I was really gonna raise some other niggas baby? Is that what you thought?" He asked backing me into a wall and punching it by face. I couldn't do anything but cry. This day I turned into a big ass crybaby. The shit he was saying wasn't even true. God knows I screwed myself over once again by getting with a superstar. I fucking hate the tabloids. "Really, Chelsey? So you play my brother and make me go against him? I can't believe you." Ci said. "He's lying, Phyllicia." "Be a woman and take responsibility for your actions." Rihanna came out and said. "How about you be a grown ass woman and fess up. You know damn well that baby ain't even Chris'." I told her. She looked at me liked she wanted to kill me for saying that. "Dude, just stop. You're just making matters worse." Ci said as she went and stood by her brother. I swear this has been the worst day. "For the record I believe you." Michael said. I looked at him and forced a smile while Ci scoffed and rolled her eyes. I'd had enough for today. I grabbed my bag and phone out of a nearby chair and walked off to the elevator. "I'm sorry. I didn't cheat and I didn't lie." I stopped and said to Ci. "But go ahead and believe your brother and the tabloids." I then looked at Chris who pretended to look past me. "I still love you and I always will. Just know that I didn't want this to happen. You were my first and only." Once I was done I continued my walk to the elevator but stopped again. I turned to look at everybody once more and spoke up. "You know, my mama always told me that if you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas." I said and chuckled. "Chris, you laid down with that bitch you call a girlfriend and you definitely got up with more than fleas. Thanks for the herpes." This time I had nothing more to say to any of them. I walked straight to the elevator without stopping and when I finally got on I didn't dare look back. I was now single and free. Yeah, a little heartbroken, but I knew this was in God's plans for me. It was my time to shine and do me. "You are a piece of work, my man." Michael chimed in. I grabbed my car keys off the table we were all sitting down at and got up from my seat. I had to find a way to fix this before it was really too late. "Chris!" Ci yelled after me but I was already gone out the door.

------------------------------------------------------

(Phyllicia’s p.o.v.)

They took her. Just like that without giving her a chance to say bye to us. My heart was broken and the pain I was feeling was unbearable. I loved that girl like she was really my sister but blood couldn’t even make us any closer. The only friend I ever had besides Mikey and now she was gone. Of course it wasn’t forever but that shit didn’t matter to me.

But that was an entire week ago.

Mikey and I sat at the computer coming up with a program for Christina’s funeral and earlier today, we had to go pick out a casket. They didn’t even have one small enough for her tiny self but we did the best that we could. That was by far the worst and hardest thing I’ve ever done in my entire life. I was so deep in thought that I didn’t even realize Mikey had been calling my name. “Ci, are you okay?” “No, not at all. My heart is so heavy right now.” I said as I let a few tears fall from my eyes. “You gotta stop that. The doctor already told you that you don’t need to keep putting all this stress on the baby and I don’t want you to have to start baby monitoring twice a week.” I shook my head lightly in agreement. I didn’t want anything to happen to my bundle but too much was going on at one time.

An hour or so later, I heard Chris come inside the house. I was furious with him. Borderline hate because everything that’s happened has been because of him. He hadn’t been home all week and when he does show up, he’s a hot ass mess and crying but I didn’t understand what the tears were for.

“Why the fuck are you crying?” I asked in a very nasty tone which caused Michael to nudge my shoulder so I nudged him right back and he smacked his teeth. “I’m crying because I caused all of this. My daughter is dead and the love of my life is in a fucking mental facility. I just can't bear life right now.” This set me off. How dare he feel sorry for himself? I wasn’t having this at all. “Excuse me? If it wasn’t for you, everything wouldn’t be so fucked up. My bestfriend wouldn’t be restrained in a straight jacket and I wouldn’t have to be writing an obituary for my fucking baby niece.” “I know its my fault and I know I cant change it but-” I fanned him away. “Nigga, shut the fuck up. You deserve all of that.”

After I said that, he dragged himself to his room. I didn’t even care if I hurt his feelings because that was exactly what he deserved.

I felt Michael burning holes into the side of my face. “What are you looking at?” “Why did you do that?” “What the fuck you mean, why? He walking around playing the victim.” He shook his head at me. “That doesn’t mean you have to throw it in his face. You caused part of this too.”

Those words set me off and I snapped. Who the fuck did he think he was?

“Are you fucking serious right now? I’m very aware of the fact that I was wrong and I apologized for it. It's starting to get very irritating that you trying to be a fucking saint all of a sudden forgetting what you’ve done in the past and what you’re still doing now. Yea nigga, I know about that bitch Nicki.”

He just looked me with a blank face and I got up to walk out the door then got in my car and took off. I didn’t have time for this shit.