Chapter 8

The next day, Chelsey came over smiling from ear to ear. I didn't even want to know why she was so geeked because knowing her, it would be something completely outrageous. She kept staring at me as I watched TV obviously waiting for me to ask her why she was so happy but little did she know, I was never going to ask. "Are you not going to ask me what I'm smiling about?" She asked me with so much emotion in her voice. It was funny so I had no choice but to laugh at her. "No." "Ugh, Ci you're no fun." She stood up and dropped something down on my bed before walking inside of my bathroom. I picked up the small slips of paper to see that they were Careless World tickets. They were for tonight and the location was the Nokia theatre here in Los Angeles but Michael said they weren't having a show in L.A. I walked into the bathroom behind Chelsey to ask her about the tickets. "Are these real?" She looked up at me like I had ten heads. "Um...why wouldn't they be?" "Michael told me that they weren't stopping in Cali for this tour." "He probably was just trying to surprise you or something because I won those on the radio today. They came with backstage passes too. I bet they'll freak when they find out we were the ones that won the tickets." I smirked to myself but then my smile faded when a particular thought ran across my mind. "Michael is mad at me from last night though. What should I do?" "Lets go to the mall and pick out something sexy. When he sees you looking all good for him, he won't even remember what he was mad about." I smirked to myself silently as I thought about how good I planned on looking for Michael tonight. Hopefully things wouldn't end up back firing on me. When we got to the mall, I picked out a tube top dress that was black in the boob area with pink following that and the bottom was black and white zebra print. I picked out pink pumps and got pink accessories. Chelsey settled for an all white tube top dress with a black belt around it and nude pumps. We both fixed out hair in loose curls and were on our way. As we made our way backstage, butterflies started to dance within my stomach. I didn't know why I was so nervous but I figured it was because I didn't want Michael to still be mad at me. The body guard checked our passes and opened the door to an area that appeared to be a chill area for the artists while they wait. Once we were inside and walked around a corner, I spotted Michael sitting with Chyna and Chris hugged up with Robyn. Chelsey and I looked at each other with full understanding on what was about to come next. Luckily for us, Shad and Trey came around the corner and ran up to us. We embraced them as if they were the ones we came to see as the four of them burned holes in us the entire time. "What y'all doing here?" Trey asked. "Chelsey won these tickets to the concert so we decided to stop by and say hey to y'all." "Oh okay. That's whats up. Well, Michael is having an after party at his crib. Y'all coming through right?" Chelsey and I looked at each other for clarification. "Of course we'll be there."

***

Michael and Chris' performances were very off and I was sure the people in the crowd were noticing but obviously didn't care because of who they were. It took everything in me to hold it together since I was in the front row and they could clearly see me. I couldn't believe that Michael had deceived me yet again but there wouldn't be a third time. As soon as Chelsey and I stepped foot out of that arena, I started to cry and so did she. Why did we always have to be the ones who end up hurt? Only God would know.

We definitely didn't want to go to Michael's party but we needed to prove a point. We got to the house and made our way to the club section of Michael's house. He had a section that was for V.I.P. so Chelsey and I made our way into the room and sat down next to Shad and Trey then spoke to the rest of them. Michael was burning a hole in my face and he knew I hated that staring shit so I went ahead and busted him out. "Yo, Mikey, do I have something on my face?" He looked back at me, obviously shocked that I was saying something to him. "Um no. I don't see anything." "Oh okay well it wo uld be nice if you would give me my face back, then." I said with a smirk as Trey and Shad "ooo'd" in the background like the little boys they were. "Well, if you find that so funny I wonder how hilarious it would be to know that Michael will no longer need your friendship now that im back in the picture." I looked at her in disgust. This bitch knew I didn't like her and knew what I was capable of doing to her but I guess she wanted to get told off or her ass beat. "Nah, but you know what's even funnier than that? The fact that I don't give a fuck about you nor Michael. And while you talking that big boy shit, every time you called Michael during the month of july, he didn't answer because he was around me, but baby girl when you're around and I call, he answers on the first ring. So, while you think you doing something, sit ya ass down. You're a runner up, baby girl. I got first place on lock. Now you have a nice night." I winked at the two of them before walking out to get a few dances in before the night was over. Shad made it his business to dance with me at the party all night. I didn't know what was up with him but I wasn't complaining. It was all fun and games I suppose.