commercial break four

Dear Mom,

Dear Mom,

It's Eleanor, well apparently that's one of my names. I go by the name Eight too. Now I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay. And I won't be returning home. I found out there is something that needs my presence. Like dad and Reggie would say, "there's something special about her," and they were right ma. I am special and I am needed elsewhere.

I know you'll worry if I don't eat, have a sweater when it's cold, somewhere to sleep for the night. Someone to come back for a hug. And it's true I don't know if I'll have all of those things to where I am going. But the best I can do is hope that I do. I know that doesn't make you feel any better...but I'll be okay, I'm a big girl.

I want to thank you so much for all you did with my time with you. Even though you found me literally on the street, you never left my side. You took me in because I was vulnerable. And there will never be anything I do to thank you for that. You were the mother I never had, I mean it. You cared for me the days I was in bed crying when I didn't know who I was. You were there to make me smile, and give me your biggest hugs. You loved me as much a mother would to her own. I love you so much, there are words that could never say what I mean. I love you, Mom.

Tell dad thank you for all the lessons and laughs he gave me along the way. He didn't have to take me in when he did, yet he did. He treated me like a princess. Took me out for ice cream after a boy broke my heart. And threatened to break their nose for me. And broke their nose for me. He was everything and more. I will miss the large bear hugs he'd give before and after work. Even though I wasn't biologically his, he never made it seem that way. He made me feel cared for just as you mom. Introduced me to many important people, bragging of my achievements as a father would. I will miss you, and him. Thank you, Dad, I love you too.

Forever your daughter,

Eleanor Fitzgerald

As a small man delivers the letter to the woman, she blindly closes the front door and reads the letter. Each sentence bringing tears to her eyes. Her little girl was gone, forever. But as long as she was okay, she felt safer thinking that. Lucy knew Eleanor was no damsel in distress. She knew that the blonde could escape anything no matter how tough. The woman cried tears of happiness as she read the letter. She wished luck to whoever met her wrath, Eleanor was the silent lightning in the thunderstorm.