issue #002

𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂

𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂

N O V E M B E R 1 5, 1 9 6 3

As if nothing had occurred, Five and Hazel zapped back to the same street. This time no war was happening on it. Everything seemed normal just as it should've been.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Five exclaimed beginning to freak out.

"The end of the world, November 25, 1963," Hazel replied to the teenage boy.

"'63..." Five repeated softly looking around, clasping his hands he chuckled softly. "You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust."

Hazel scoffed, "No, shit," he replied.

"What happens to my family?" Five asked, recalling seeing his wife among all of them.

"Dead, like everyone else," He deadpanned, not seeing the reason to lie or sugar coat it.

Five raised an eyebrow, "Even Eight?" he asked surprised knowing she could've had the biggest chance of living. All those times Reginald had screwed into their brains, that she was the golden child.

Hazel sighed, she was a more complicated answer that he can't talk about. So he just shrugged and looked at the boy, "Don't know," he simply said.

Five nodded understanding, "And where am I now?" he asked him.

"Dallas. Same street. Ten days earlier," He replied walking around to sit on the bench, "Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them," he said and sat on the bench.

The teenager followed and sat next to him, "So where do we start?" he questioned hoping to have someone like Hazel to help this time around.

"'We'? You're on your own, pal," Hazel replied tiredly, his arm leaning on the case, "I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes."

Realizing his tone of voice, he knew what he meant, "Is she...?"

"Dead?" Hazel asked, not necessarily minding talking about it.