issue #007

𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱

𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱

1 9 8 2

AFTER THE TWO DEPARTED TO THE DATE AND LOCATION. Eleanor couldn't help but gawk at the awful fashion around. Five smiled at the sight of her disgusted face.

"You're about to do your first mission as Eleanor and not Eight, so you have to be careful alright?" Five told her as they walked towards the building, still not believing that she was capable of protecting herself.

"I'll be okay, maybe this will be my wake-up call to remember everything," She offered with a smile moving to scratch her neck.

Five rolled his eyes, "I doubt it," he said plainly.

Walking through the front door, it could be said that the place did feel homey. The duo then walked forward to a woman writing something.

"Excuse me," he said to her, apparently starling her.

"Uff da! You snuck up on me there," the woman giggled, "If you two are looking for the cookies, we don't put'em out till 3:00," she said to the duo.

"I can hardly wait," said Five, "Uh, do you happen to know where the Midwest Soybean Society is meeting?"

She nodded, "Sure do. Muskellunge Banquet Room. Are you looking for your moms? Are they in for the convention?" she asked the teens.

Eleanor smiled at the woman, her dimples showing, as she looked around and saw a vending machine. She leaned into Five, "Do you have change?" she whispered at him.

The boy searched his pocket and looked at the woman, "Do you have change?" He asked as he handed her a dollar.

"Oh you are in luck mister," she said as she handed him the change.

Remembering the old man she chuckled, "You know, a man I knew said the best luck is to die at the right time." she said as Five handed her the change and walked away.

The woman looked at the blonde oddly as she walked away and turned to Five who smiled, "I always get the crazy ones," he told her then walking away to follow Eleanor, who looked like she was losing her marbles by the second. He wondered if it was the stress of not remembering.