Chapter- 22

Many rooms were as expected empty. The eerie atmosphere made it hard for us to wander any further. Maria asked me again and again to retreat and go back. But I was adamant to stay and roam a while longer. 

The darkness that swallowed the whole corridor was haunting. Maria would startle again and again whenever she sensed any movement. And when we checked onto  the place we would only find a lizard or a mouse. We walked forward and just went on. Maria wanted to go but how can she leave me obviously.

Suddenly a vase fell and broke. Maria was startled and shocked but she maintained her calm demeanour. She didn't flinched and held my hand tightly and covered me. Heat was coming out of her body.

We went there and saw nothing.
No mouse.
No lizard.
Not even a crawling insect. There was just a broken vase which  had fresh white roses in it.

Wait..... Fresh roses?

"Maria. Who cleans this place?" I asked her.
If this place is really abandoned then why are there fresh roses?
"I don't think so anyone comes to this place of the mansion." She said while staring at the broken vase.

"Then how come these roses are fresh? As if freshly plucked?" I said. No I was not freaking out. It was just that I was curious.

"I have no idea Luna. Wait. I can sense something foul over here. We should go back." She said while sniffing in the air and her body tensing up.
"What? No. We must go there. I know if William get to know this he will never ever allow me to come here. Just once." I said. I had no idea why I was doing this but I just wanted to go forward. I felt something was calling.
Something was wanting my presence.
But I don't know what?

Maria tried to rebel against my word but at last I won. A part of me wanted to stay there and a part of me desperately wanted to see what's in there..........

"Ok then Luna. Let me shift into my wolf so that I can protect you better." She said and waited for my approval. I nodded and gestured her to do what she wanted.
She started to undress herself and I turned around to give her some privacy.
Em told me when a werewolf shifts from human form to her wolf then their muscles and bone break and reshape. But it only happens with their body. Their clothes remained the same size and that's why they have to undress themselves untill and unless they do not want to let their clothes shred in peices.

I heard the cracking Voice of bones and then a low growl and then I turned.
Oh my! She's a brown wolf. But yes smaller than any of my friends. But dude! She's beautiful.

I patted her head. And then she gestured me to sit on her back and I did. She was damn soft. Oh god! I wanted to sleep then and there but curiosity kept me wide awake. I laid on her back firmly grabbing some of the fur.
Then she started walking. Surprisingly the fur kept me warm.

We saw every room but couldn't find anything amusing and good. And now one last room left which was at the end of the corridor.
Maria stopped outside that door and I stepped down.

It was huge silver door with many ancient symbols carved on it. It looked damn historical and somehow magical. Probably, the door would be of a height of   15 metres. I felt like a Lilliput civilian standing Infront of  Lemuel Gulliver's gate.

Maria shifted back to her human and came beside me. She was worried and I think the expression on her face was of regret...... Regret obeyed me and brought me.
I rolled my eyes.

I wanted to open the door but the hinges were damn too strong. Maria could not even move it a millimetre.
I sighed.
I don't know why but as the time passed I was getting more and more anxious to go inside. I wanted to see what's in there.
God! Please help us to open the door.

I stepped forward and told Maria to let me try. She was a bit confused.
Of course she will be because....... When a werewolf could not open that damn door then how come a mere human can expect to open it.
Whatever........ Giving a try won't affect me. Is it?

I stepped close to the door and pushed  the door..... Nothing happened.
Ugh! I knew that.....

Then, I searched here and there for something that would help in opening it. But taking in account the amount of darkness it seemed impossible to find anything.

Okay..... Now what?
Back off?
No!
I wanted to go in there.....

Ugh!!!!!
Fuck this darkness!!

Then walking I hit my leg hard in something. And almost fell but just in time Maria caught me.
What was that?
I didn't felt any pain. But let's think about it later first let's see what's there that fucking thing was?!

I stormed back towards that thing..... And saw it attached to the silver door. It was a kind of pedestal of low height.....
What was it for?!

I examined it from up and down......  Nothing unusual except one large circle on the top of it which contained an engraved hand drawing......
My mind wandered off to the sci-fi movies that used hand print locks to guard any door. Maybe... It's one of those.
But, how come I did not saw it earlier?!!

Maybe... I could also open it by putting my hand in there.
"Luna. Please let's go back. The foul stench in here is getting stronger. Alpha will have my head for this deed." Maria sounded panicked.

But coming this close backing off was not an option.......
I ignored her and before even she could approach me, I placed my hand on that pedestal.
For five seconds nothing happened...... And then sounds of clacking of steel and turning of wheels came to my ears. A bright beam of white light came from in between the gaps of the gates of those large doors.

The doors slightly began to open and the white light illuminated the whole dark corridor all at once. Maria held my hand firmly......

"Luna. Please. Let's go the alpha is back." She pleaded.
"No Maria. Here we are. It's once or never. You also know that William will not allow us again to come here. Maybe he will blow away this part of mansion...... So just this once. And Don't worry for your life. It's my responsibility. Nothing will happen to you. Now come." I said in an authoritative voice to her, and moved towards the gate. I didn't even waited for her reaction and took my chance to step into that door.
.
.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1156 words.

Yeah..... Cliffhangers are my favourite thing to do......😂😜

Stay tuned to know what's all is in that mysterious room......

Vote and comment ♥️