Diamonds & Pearls (29)-Prayers In the Dark

Previously In Diamonds & Pearls:

               "Shut her up already. She's giving me a headache." Five shouted angrily, slamming his fist against the dashboard on the passenger side.

                "Shh, it's okay." The man beside me murmured softly. It scared me even more when he reached out to me gently. I pulled back as much as I could but there was nowhere to go. He moved my hijab so that my neck was exposed. He pulled something out of his pocket and I looked up at him. There was no menace in his expression but I was still extremely afraid of him. I was shaking all over as I shook my head back and forth. I realized he had a syringe in his hand. I had no clue what was in it and it scared me senseless.

                "Please," I begged one last time, shaking all over. I looked into his eyes desperately. "Don't do this."

                "Everything's going to be fine," He said with a smile that appeared completely sadistic. He took the cover off of the syringe with his mouth and the needle gleamed. I immediately started to freak out, kicking everything within reach and beating the door with my shoulder. He quickly and easily gained control of my movements, pinning me against the seat. I let out a sob as he swiftly moved my hijab once more and I felt the sharp pain of the needle in my neck. It took a few minutes before my vision began to blur and my head began to swim. "Call Howards. Tell him we got her."

                The words around me began to sound distorted as one last hot tear rolled across my face and my heartbeat slowed to a regular pace. Oh Allah, protect my family, was all I could think. It was all over for me. I'd already accepted it before my world went black.

                La illaha illallah, muhammadun rasullullah.

Diamonds & Pearls

Before You Read: Hey guys! Quick reminder here! If you're delaying a prayer right now to read this story, stop whatever you're doing and go pray! Don't let anything take you away from Allah. Especially not this story. Now if you're all prayed up, go ahead and enjoy this chapter.  

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE-Prayers In The Dark

                When I came to, it was not by choice. Freezing water reached across every crevice of my upper body like icy fingers and I was jerked out of my slumber with unnecessary harshness. I let out a screech in shock and looked around to see three men standing in front of me. The one in the middle held the bucket that had previously been home to the water soaking me. "Hello there. Welcome back to the real world." The man in the middle said sarcastically, his face hidden by shadows. He stepped forward, revealing his face to me. I sucked in a sharp breath and tried to keep calm. It was him...Nine. It had to be. It had been dark the last time I'd seen him but he wasn't so hard to remember. I realized after seeing him fully that he had dark hair and blue eyes. He looked just like someone I knew. But with the piercing headache I was suffering from, I could not pinpoint who. It didn't matter anyway.  I was a goner now that I was back in his clutches and that's pretty much all I knew.

                "Recognize me little mouse." He murmured, coming closer. I cringed at the pet name and leaned back into my chair as far as I could, which happened to be not very far at all. He crouched down in front of me and I turned my face away from him. He grabbed my chin in his rough, dirty hands while yanking my neck so fast that I felt a sharp pain shoot down my back.

                "What do you want from me?" I asked, holding back tears and trying to be strong.  But my voice broke anyway.  He gave me a smirk and stood up straight, glaring down at me.