Diamonds & Pearls (6)-Midteen Crisis

Hope you enjoy!

Diamonds & Pearls

Before You Read: Hey guys! Quick reminder here! If you're delaying a prayer right now to read this story, stop whatever you're doing and go pray! Don't let anything take you away from Allah. Especially not this story. Now if you're all prayed up, go ahead and enjoy this chapter.

CHAPTER SIX-Midteen Crisis

I excused myself from the table and made my way upstairs, leaving Ummi, Abi, and Zayan to continue chatting. Once I got inside all I could really do was pace back and forth. I was becoming anxious and nervous about everything. I sat down in the arms of my huge teddy bear that reclined on my bed. It was a habit I failed to get rid of for the longest time. When I would get nervous, I'd come and lay here and stare at the ceiling until I was calm again. When I got upset, the arms of that huge teddy bear was my place to shed frustrated tears.

I was completely happy not thirty minutes ago and now I'm sulking. Oh how emotions can evidently flip on you. I jumped slightly at the sound of my phone ringing. After reluctantly pulling it out of my pocket, I answered it. “Hello?”

            “Daleela, it's Nisa. You totally forgot to call me at eight so we could go over our homework answers.” Nisa said with a laugh.

 “Oh, I'm so sorry, I got a lot of news today so I was busy.” I said softly.

 “Was it bad news?” Nisa asked me worriedly.

            “No, no it wasn't bad.” I said quickly.

 “Then what's wrong with your voice? You sound close to tears Daleela.” Nisa questioned gently.

 “Well, I'm just a little out of it today.”

            “You sure that's all? You sound...I can't put my finger on it but something has got you down.” Nisa said with a distressed sigh.

            “I think I'll be okay after I sleep a bit.” I replied quietly. I needed time to think.

 “I understand completely. Call me if you need me Daleela, OK?”

 “Yeah, I promise. Assalamu alaikum Nisa, thanks for being such a good friend.” I said in a sad voice. I could feel Nisa hesitate and then finally speak.

            “No problem, that's what friends are for. Plus, it's the least I can do after all you've done for me. Oh and wa alaikum assalam.” Nisa responded and then I hung up the phone. I threw my phone onto the bean bag on the opposite side of my room.

 Removing myself from my bed, I turned off my bedroom light and made my way to my window. Opening it halfway, I looked up at the moon and stars. When I was little, I used to try to count all of the stars in the sky. That is, of course, impossible but it helped me get my mind off of my problems. The moon shined especially bright tonight.

            “One, two, three, four...”