Diamonds & Pearls (2)-The Wedding(Nikah) and After Party(Walimah)

Diamonds & Pearls

Before You Read: Hey guys! Quick reminder here! If you're delaying a prayer right now to read this story, stop whatever you're doing and go pray! Don't let anything take you away from Allah. Especially not this story. Now if you're all prayed up, go ahead and enjoy this chapter.

CHAPTER TWO-The Wedding (Nikah) and After Party (Walimah)

        "Oh my god Zayan, you're going to pass it again." I groaned in frustration. This guy has absolutely no sense of direction. Even if you gave him a GPS, he'd still pass our location or get us lost.

        "Maybe I wouldn't forget where to turn if you would just stop yapping in my ear." Zayan growled back. I rolled my eyes. He'd still get lost even if I stopped talking.

        “Pull over! Park right there, we can walk. It's not that far.” I exclaimed. He did what I said with an annoyed sigh. I hopped out of the car and grabbed my bags out of the back seat.

         “Zayan, I think I left my make-up bag in your trunk about a week ago. If it's still there, could you bring it please? Thanks bro.” I said as I hurriedly made my way down the sidewalk and into the building. Zayan caught up to me and helped me find the room where Zayna was.

         After ten minutes we found it. Zayna looked up and smiled. She wasn't even dressed yet but she looked amazing. It seemed as if love had brightened her face considerably. She was happy, anyone could see that. Zayna stood and hugged Zayan, then me. “Assalamu alaikum, I thought you guys got stuck in traffic or something. What happened?”

        “Wa alaikum assalam. Well your twin here wouldn't listen to me and kept missing the turn. I swear, I can't understand how his sense of direction is so jacked.” I said with a laugh. Zayna smiled.

        “He'll learn to listen to you one day Daleela,” Zayna said and slapped Zayan on the back.

        “Aw, come on. I'm not that bad.” Zayan claimed, looking back and forth between the two of us. I looked at Zayna and we both burst out laughing. Our mother bustled into the room wearing a long creme colored embroidered shirt with a long flowing skirt to match.

        “Wow ma, you're gonna outshine the bride.” Zayna said with a smile.