(Adrienette) The things that we want

Marinette was crying...was it really a shocker? Probably not. She had been in a bad mood all week. She blocked everyone out, even Alya. She refused to pay attention in class, but her parents still forced her to go. She didn't bother to do anything. She just couldn't. All she felt like doing was dying. 

And her sprit truly was. 

She had been crying herself to sleep every night, Tikki flying over to Chat's home to stay with Plagg while it was occurring. Of course Marinette made Tikki promise not to say anything to Chat. And she didn't, but he did know that the little kwami came over every night. And while he was concerned, he chose to keep quite. 

Little did he know, he was the reason for all her pain and suffering.

But he didn't do anything, he was always sweet to Marinette. But not like in his old ways. He had truly moved on. He had given up on Ladybug a week ago, yes he still loved her. His mind moved on, but his heart could not. And it didn't want to. He still loved her and it was hard, because it was so clear that she didn't love him back. 

Yes, he should be the one in pain, and he is. Though he chose not to show anyone his grief. He had stopped all puns, all flirts, all advances, all silliness. Yep, he was all business now. And Marinette was loosing her mind over this. 

She had actually fallen for Chat a year ago, but she could never tell him. She couldn't tell him because she was too scared, too scared to harm him. It was dangerous for them to be happy together. So she stopped herself every time she was about to tell him. She refused to confess that she was in love with him. 

Everything was all thrown out of line, nothing was the same. She would most likely be akumatized, but she hadn't been yet, and she didn't know why. She continued to weep, trying to calm herself down she attempted to take some deep breaths. She tried for a while longer, and finally she was a lot better and under control of her breathing. She continued to have little hiccups as she rubbed the tears from her eyes. 

She was suppose to be in lunch right now, not that she sat by anyone. She couldn't face Alya, even though she knew she could help her. It was a risk to her identity, and she couldn't take that risk. She didn't know who to talk to, she truly needed someone to talk to, but who? 

Just then did she hear a knock form the bathroom doors and her head shot up from out of her hands. "W-Who is it?", she stuttered. 

Adrien smiled from the other side of the stall...technically he wasn't suppose to be in the girls bathroom, but Alya was threatening to plan his murder if he didn't...so yeah. He still didn't feel quite comfortable being in this position, he was praying that no body walked in the restroom. 

"It's m-me Marinette", he smiled a weary smile. The stall door swung open to reveal a red eyed bluenette, which made Adrien wince. "Adrien! What are you doing in the girls bathroom?!"

Marinette stared at him with wide eyes as her mouth hung agape. Adrien's face turned into a frown as the girl started to calm down. She wiped her eyes and grabbed his wrist to lead him out of the restroom. They walked into the lockers, where she finally let go of his wrist. 

"Marinette, what's wrong? Everyone's worried about you. You've been so off lately and Alya threatened me to talk to you about it." Adrien's face was worried and sad. He knew something was terribly wrong, he just needed her to open up. 

She let out a sigh and sat down on a seat next to the wall. She let off a small smile as she let the words form in her mind before she spoke. 

"Have you ever wanted something that you know you could never have?"