TTE: 25

Chapter Twenty-Five: Phone Call

"What is it?" I asked him casually. We're now sitting across each other inside another office. Mas malaki ito kumpara sa office ni Ate Kyle.

"I want to talk about something..." he started. I gave him a questioning look. "Melody," he continued.

"What about her? Your girlfriend, right?"

Pumikit siya at marahang umiling. "She's not my girlfriend, Nailahy," malambing niyang sabi.

"Then what? What about her ba?"

"Melody was the one who texted you..."

Tumawa ako at umiling-iling. "You can't fool me again. You texted me that night, you asked me to go here."

Umiling siya. "I was here, yes, talking with her about something very important...." he said. "We were talking about—"

"You don't have to explain anything to me. Sapat na sa'kin ang mga nangyari noong—"

"No! You are clearly mistaken, Nailahy. That's why I want to explain my side!"

"Explain what? That you texted me so that I can see you kiss her? Hindi ka naman siguro manhid para hindi maramdaman na gusto kita noon!" I yelled.

Nakatayo na ako ngayon at dinuduro ang lalaking mukha ring naguguluhan.

"Calm down, please. I'll explain everything... Don't yell, Nailahy."

Umupo ako at kumalma. Closure 'to, h'wag siyang feeling. "Okay," I calmly said.

Huminga siya ng malalim bago magsalita, "That day, when I invited you to eat lunch with me... Melody wanted to eat with me, too." Sumimangot ako sa sinabi niya. "I said no. I told her that I have someone to eat lunch with so she got nosy. I admit that she and I have a thing... noon."

He looked hesitant be he still continued. "Melody is your cousin. Remember when my dad invited your dad to the party? He invited your dad's brother so he came along. Melody was there dahil anak siya ni Mr. Roe Mendoza, your dad's older brother."

Cousin? Pinsan ko 'yung ex niya? Wow. What a small world.

I know that dad had a brother but I only saw him in pictures. Pareho sila ng business ni dad, tungkol sa Music. Our family and his' were never close. Hindi ko nga kilala ang mga pinsan ko sa side niya dahil ang sabi nila ay independent daw masyado si tito Roe. Kumawala siya sa mga magulang nila noong mag-legal.

"Our engagement was announced back then."

Wait what? Engagement? He's like... sixteen that time!

"You're a minor that time."

"Yes, but it was still announced. Melody was one of the officers when I was a COCC kaya kilala ko na siya noon. Kasabayan niya sina Ma'am Loti," he explained. Ma'am Loti was the Corps Commander before Sir Cruz.

"We had a thing back when I was a COCC but it was just temporary. Mabilis na nawala 'yon that is why I never expected to see her again. Nalaman ko pa na pinagkakasundo kami. I declined but dad was persistent so I had no choice. I dated her again."

Pumikit ako. I can't even look at him. I don't know what to feel nor what exactly am I feeling right now.  Ang makasarili niya to not tell me a word about that.

But then I remembered that I had no right to command an explanation. Nakaramdam ako ng galit sa ama niya dahil pinilit siya sa ganoong sitwasyon. Allistaire is just a kid back then! Yes, he was mature for his age but that doesn't mean he can marry him off to anybody! We have different choices and decisions but our parents have no right to decide for us lalo na't nasa tamang pag-iisip naman.