Chapter One - fifth part

He was not focusing on what that felt like. He was not wondering what his full lips would be like on his own.

"STOP" he ordered himself, this time controlling his thoughts. This was not worth another lashing.

The mortal took the hint and left them alone.

Andre leaned closer and whispered to his ear. -That was some fine ass acting. - he said. -A shame one of the girls didn't come alone though. Would have loved to ask them where they got those tunics from. -

-Or looked underneath them - the boy muttered.

Andre looked at him wide eyed and laughed. A few of the other immortal children looked at him in awe, thinking it was just part of a very clever act. The laugh had sounded so genuine, so real.

Andre bit his lip soon after, realising his mistake.

-Guess who's gonna get punished for this? Oh whatever, totally worth it.- he shuddered.

How could anyone "whatever" a lashing? The senior was brave.

"And perfect" whispered a part of his brain.

"SHUT IT" said the more rational one.

The orgion went long into the night, until the first light of the sun started to show its face on the ocean. Everyone had gotten dressed again, most of them asleep on the pillows while their teachers rounded them all up. Him and Andre didn't talk much, but the boy's mood fell as soon as they raised from the embrace.

The teachers whispered to them to move in groups back to the forest. As soon as the path-changers moved to the next group, Andre pulled him close.

-Don't be a stranger Isaac, you know where to find me if you need help with more homework. -

-Isaac? - he asked. It was his friend's turn to blush.

-Oh yeah scratch that. It's just the way I had started calling you in my head when we first met. It's hard to organise thoughts otherwise. - Andre recovered his composure.

-Sure - he replied. Andre had thoughts about him. That was irrelevant of course. It didn't make him feel butterflies in his stomach. -I kind of like it actually, I might use it -

His friend rolled his eyes and pushed him forward, back to the forest of the mist.