Chapter 4

Sebastian was a really nice person. It has been two whole weeks now since I've been with him. It was very awkward at first but now I think I've gotten used to him. Today was a Sunday,  and I found a small church which I attended. Sebastian had followed me there and made fun of the pastor's voice. I was at home using the home computer to submit my CV for some job hunting. I've not submitted in person because I didn't have formal clothes here, I wouldn't want to go there looking scruffy. Sebastian has borrowed me his clothes for the past weeks. They were too big. Way too big, his hoodie went past my bum and covered my thighs. I might have to call Hameedah soon. I didn't want to stay here for free but Seb wouldn't have any of it. He thought I was no problem but I knew I was. Sebastian wasn't up yet. I just sat at the dining table looking for any type of job available. I pushed my chair back and went into the kitchen to make us some breakfast. I tapped the board urgently thinking of what to cook. In the end, I decided to make him toast, you know I've never been to America before but I just thought of breakfast the American style. I got to work and beat the eggs. It wasn't long until I finished.

  "Hey." A deep voice muttered behind me. I smiled at myself. I slowly turned to him. His groggy voice sounded so hot. Hot? Did I just find his voice hot?

  "Good morning." I greeted him. He doesn't look like he just woke up. He looked so good, I got jealous. I don't understand why some people have to look so good all the time. I raised a plate in front of him. God, you've been so unfair to me in everything.

  He peered into it and smiled which made me smile too. His smile was so contagious. I looked up at him and our eyes locked. He just averted his gaze.

  "Thanks." He said and took a fork and knife, then dropped them. He used his hands instead. He has a bad habit of sitting on the kitchen slab. He took a sip of his coffee, popped some more toast in his mouth and I gave him another one.

  "Sebastian." I started. "I want to call my friends." He raised a brow and I swallowed.

  "Why?" He asked, a smug look on his face.

  "Because, I need some things. Like really urgently." I said and looked away.

  "Like tampons and pads?" He asked and I choked on air. What the hell? I've never talked about periods with a guy before, but then I don't know many guys. He has two sisters so this is probably nothing new for him. I just avoided his mocking gaze and washed the plate he used to eat. "Just kidding." He handed me his cellphone. His wallpaper was a roaring lion. So typical.

I racked my brain and tried to remember Hameedah's number. I typed it in and dialed her. She picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" I said into the phone and slowly made my way out of the kitchen. She didn't reply.

  "Hello?" She didn't reply again. I looked at the phone and put it back on my ear. What's her problem?

  "I'm not going to talk to you." She finally said. Oh, she was angry. "Where have you been? What the hell? I went to your home but they haven't seen you either for more than a month now. Are you actually kidding me right now? You won't even say anything? Allison, if I find you I'm so gonna whoop your ass." She ranted, she never called me Allison. And I love my ass, I would prefer she didn't whoop it.

  "Hameedah?" I said when she gave me a chance to speak.

  "Kinni*?" She snapped.

  "Just listen to me." I looked behind me and saw Sebastian. So I spoke to her in Yoruba. "I didn't mean to. I had an accident."

  "What the hell?" She yelled. "Why didn't you tell me?" She yelled back in Yoruba. And she didn't speak much because she was a Hausa girl. She just lived in Lagos for sometime.