Over

That next day as well was spent joking and laughing and resting whilst Flints men went out and worked.

No one asked what their jobs were.

After tea that night, me and my sisters went to our blankets, ready to sleep off our full tummies.

However, just as I drifted off I felt large, rough hands grab me, expertly shoving a filthy knot of cloth in my mouth and tying some around my eyes. They hurridly but tightly tied my hands behind my back. Terrified, I'd kicked and screamed, punching my foot into the round-about area of the groin. I heard my captor uttter a hushed oath and groan, and I whipped my head back to bounce off theirs. Despite my best (and futile) efforts and the sheet adreneline coursing through me, they quickly regained control and hefted me up and over their back, so I was hanging limply like a sack.

I gave in. I let myself be carried a short distance, where I was dropped curtly to the ground and spat at and my mouth and eyes were freed; now I was the one spitting, ridding my mouth of the dirt.

Glancing around, I saw Grace and Morna (we still called each other that unless in absolute privacy) nearby.

I stood very still. I held my head up and tried to block my eyes of fear, mouth straight, back as a rod.

Flint slowly strolled into sight, wickedly grinning. A shudder ran through me; that smile was one of a predator. The look in his eyes chilled me to the bone.

'Well well, pretty ladies...' he smirked. 'Why oh why are you still here? Haven't quite escaped, have we?'

We said nothing.

'No matter.' he airily brushed our silence off, like it was a pesky fly. 'We will cone to terms soon, my pretties.'

Grace's lip trembled, but her back was straight and her chin was lifted, proud. 'Oh yeah?' behind her back she was waving her hand at me... What?

I don't remember what she was saying to Flint and his men, but it was pretty good stuff, as it had distracted them successfully--she always had been a good arguer!

Morna was also wafting her hands at me, rolling her eyes and mouthing--but I had no idea! Eventually she freed her hands enough to make a sign that I did know.

Aaah! My brain had said as my hand slowly slipped into my bra to get my phone (pockets were not safe). I cautiously, painstakingly, dialled a number. And put it on loud speaker. And shouted that the men 'Wouldn't get us here! Not at ----------------(address) or anywhere else!'

But just as I did, I heard two screams start--and never finish, as I felt a cold, piercing pain bolt through my skull, and , swaying gently before falling to the dirty street floor, my head bouncing a little off the paving, my sight doubled, blurred, and vanished altogether.

Mwahahaha hope you are enjoying this. Love ya all. Squeezed this out word by word as none of you gave advice. Thank you stryped! This is dedicated to you for being a great reader. Byee xx.