Moon, Moving on.

Evans POV:

"Today was Freya's birthday."

The words echo and rebound, spinning around my head. My mouth goes dry. My mind swirls. My stomach tries to reject its burger and I swear my heart has stopped. I feel weak. I am spiraling down a plug hole and I have lost my anchor--I am desperate, my lungs are aching, I need to breathe, and they, of their own accord, whoosh open and inhale. I feel poisoned.

How could I? I repulse myself. I have lost my hearing somewhere along the line, and I can't see... Unless everything is black with red and green spots. My legs and arms are floppy, useless.

I black out.

Freyas POV:

After my 'birthday meal' my cheap phone rang, and I smiled. Kyle had said he'd call.

'Hey Claudie!' he greeted me.

'Sup Ky!' I smiled, knowing his Scottish answer.

'The sky, duh...' we laughed.

'So...?'

'Happy BIRTHDAY!' this was the longest Kyle'd ever gone without swearing.

'Thanks!'

'So, ya havin' fun sweetie?'

'Are you even asking me that? How could I possibly have fun without YOU?!' I joked.

We were compatible, as ever. We clicked. So I locked up my memories and put on a brave face.

Evans POV:

I wake up with a stiff neck. I can remember still, exactly. My hand shakes as I reach for my phone.

'Josh? Pete? Ross?'

'Ev?' Pete sounds concerned. The others tones' make it clear that only I forgot.

I am pathetic.

When we have group calls we do this thing where we hang up once we've finished speaking, so that if the advice given makes you mad there's nowt you can do.

'Guys... I forgot... Freya... Monica... I-' my voice cracks and I break off.

'Right.' Josh says. 'Evan, mate. You've waste- dedicated two years of your life to searching Ireland for her. Take a step back. Move on.' he hangs up.

I get up and go to the window as Pete begins.

'Evan dude, I hate to break it you but if she hasn't come back she's probably been killed. She was reported as missing, but where would she go? Mate, come on. You need to live.' the line breaks up again.

Then another voice comes in. Ross. He's shy, but sassy when you get to know him, and a great singer.

'Man... I kinda agree with Pete. I didn't know her but from what I've heard, she loves you very much. When you love someone that much you couldn't stay away. If she... If she was alive she'd be here.'

'But Ross! She NEVER got homesick or missed people... She was really good at ignoring those feelings... That can't-' but Ross hangs up.

For a while I stand there, just thinking. I think about the past, the future and Freya. Then I sit under the window gazing at the stars. I bathe in the moon. And I take comfort for the last time that Freya will be doing the same, somewhere else; it is easier, now, to picture her beside me.

I take comfort in this for the final time as I wish her a good day and a better future, because in the morning I will be a changed man. I will move on.

As the first fire of dawn envelopes and surrounds me, I will dawn a new day with the sky.

So what did you think? Comment guuys. Love you all. Was Evans reaction like you thought it should be? If you liked it, vote and comment. If you didn't tell me why and I wont take offense and Ill improve it. Byee xx