Claudia, Grace and Morna

The days passed in an endless blur of simalarities, each one filled with the same events--Izzy going to work, us begging, busking, anything to earn money. For each day, Jana made a small tally on our doorway, and after a fortnight, we had enough to buy new clothes, a blanket and a hairbrush. Izzys savings went towards food, or we saved them, but we branched out on some scissors and cut our long hair roughly. Although I was at loathe to do it, I knew it was the best thing to do. I cried as my blonde hair fell to the dirty street floor. Often I'd been told that my hair was my best feature, but that was not why I cried. I cried because my hair was my last link to my old life besides my name, as it had been there throughout my entire life. And it hurt, having connections to our old life; it was a reminder of what we'd lost.

It was this revelation that lead me to bring up the subject of changing our names. As we ate a shared sandwich, I put together points in my favour.

"So--I was thinking," I began.

"'bout what?" Jana asked.

"Well, you know how those men are still looking for us?"

Recently we'd had several close encounters with the black clad men, but luckily had not been seen.

"Yes..." Izzy looked up, curiosity piqued.

"Well, a couple of people 'round here have probably heard us say each others names, and if the men ask around, they could find us." I pause to let the information sink in before continuing. "And we've taken care of our appearance, so I think we should take care of the matter entirely by changing our names. Surnames aren't a problem really." Now that I'd put across my main point I finished it off with a bit of emotional persuasion. I let my eyes fill up and my voice break a little as I whispered: "And besides, our names are connections to-" I break off for effect and clear my throat. "to mum and dad..."

Izzy and Janas faces twisted with sympathy and I knew I'd won.

"Of course. Right. Do you agree Jany?" Isabelle said.

"Don't call me that! And yes, I'm all for it." Pain was evident in her eyes, and unlike mine, it genuine.

"Right!" Iz said briskly. "I'll be... Clara? No. Um... I'll be Grace."

"Okay," Jana said. "I am now... Morna."

"And I will be Claudia." I said. "Shall we change our surnames or not?"

"I think we should." Jana--Morna said.

"I don't care either way." Grace replied.

"Well I want to." I said. "What shall it be?"

Eventually we decided on Williams, a nice, plain, overlooked name.

So guys, three uploads within 24 hours! Now that's dedication :-/ none stop writing all day, whenever I can! But, they are short. If you spot any mistakes, don't be afraid to comment. As always, comment (still haven't got any) , vote and please follow. Also, I'd like to nominate a story. Well, two.
Actually three. One is called rebellion(s), the other a sequel called shadow(s) and the other called A Song About Love. Feel free to pester the author of asal to update @shimmeroff as she won't! Thank ya lovelys. So, did you enjoy? Picture of Evan at the start. Byee xx