Slushy Tops

Kyles POV:

I reach for my cigarette packet, and realise that it's gone. Jana, stupid, lovely, bright Jana, infilitrating my pockets and snatching my vices.
I need to get her out of my head! I stand up, ignoring Hannah, who shifts from sitting with us to sitting with Freya's lads. She often goes out with Iz and Ross.
I shrug my denim jacket on and slam the flat door, bracing myself against the November air. It's the 3rd, and Freya told everyone when Jana and Izzy's birthdays are.
Of course, the way to get her out of ny head is to buy her a present! Not.
I stick my hands under my armpits. It's the grey, sunny sky, and frosty diamond sort of day. My breath puffs as though I was smoking in the air and I regret coming out. Small, sleety flakes of soggy, city snow begin to fall, and I curse strongly under my breath, hurrying and earning a disapproving glare from a lady with a kid.
I see a coffee shop and quickly enter, embracing it's relieving warmth. The bell jingles and I make my way to a table, ordering a hot chocolate.
I see an art and photography store across the road, and slurp pensively. I know that Jana wanted to be an artist...
I make my descision and leave a tenner on the counter, jogging across the road. Already slush is building up and everyone has pink faces.
I enter the art shop and grab several water colour books, paint sets and ask for a camera and some developing stuff for films. They bundle a load of s*** into my arms and I hand them my card.
I make a quick visit to a book store, picking books at random for Izzy, who was born in November too, and practically sprint home, just as Izzy and Ross return.
I slow down, hiding the books.
'Hey! Where've you two been in the snow all day?' I ask.
Ross sort of smiles painfully and mumbles something, and Izzy smiles, cheeks and nose pink, and says: 'Just walking around really, is what Ross meant to say!' They laugh and go to the lads appartment next door.
I shake my head and run straight into Jana, who falls over and half glares, half laughs at me from my feet.
My foot lands gently on her stomach and she pretends to groan, stifling her smile.
She grabs my foot and pulls herself up, grimacing at the slushy wetness decorating her top.
We walk in silence into our appartment, and I go to wrap the gifts.

Ugh not so good. Dedicated to whyyacheechee. To vote, Faye, click the screen and tap the star. I expect all of my chapters voted for thank Faye! Hahaha. Ugh. So yeah, hope you liked! Byee xx