Chapter 18

18 | The last straw

2 months later

"Don't leave!" Kenny groaned pulling Toni back.

She giggled fixing her hair.

"Kenny... I have to go." Toni scolded.

"But I don't want you to leave. Please stay." He begged running his hand down her thigh.

She sighed as he kissed her neck, she bit her lip feeling herself about to cave but she had to control herself.

"I want to, I really do but I can't." She frowned getting up, she looked around and grabbed her thong and jeans slipping them on before she put on her white crop top and sat down grabbing her white heels.

" She frowned getting up, she looked around and grabbed her thong and jeans slipping them on before she put on her white crop top and sat down grabbing her white heels

Kenny sat up and wrapped his arms around her body kissing her cheek, she turned her head and kissed his lips.

"Get a divorce." Kenny blurted out.

Toni frowned as her eyes slightly widened.

"I'm sorry what?" She raised her eyebrows standing up to get a better look at him.

"Get a divorce. You're not happy in that relationship, I've witnessed the way he treats you. He wants to keep you on this tight ass leash, you don't deserve that."

"Kenny-"

"I'm not asking you to fall in love with me I just want you to feel a little freedom. Don't you wanna be free? Aren't you tired of feeling like a prisoner in your own marriage?" Kenny questioned.

Toni fiddled with her hands and looked down.

"Toni I like you a lot." Kenny admitted.

She bit her lip nervously before she leaned into him and placed her hand down on his cheek.

"I like you a lot too, but it's not that simple." She said before she pecked his cheek.

She tried to pull away but he quickly grabbed her hand stopping her from doing so.

"Right because you still love him?"

"I don't know what I feel for Michigan anymore but I do know that I made a promise that I'd never break his heart-"

"Are you happy in your marriage?" He asked curiously.

She stared at him before she pulled her hand away.

"I have to go." She said storming out.

Kenny ran his hand down his face tiredly. At first he really didn't think he'd fall for Toni the way he was, but it was evident that he liked her. He even thought of their future together, he wanted to marry her and start a family with her.
_________________________

1 week later

"Good evening everyone! This is our final dinner as boyfriend and girlfriend, and in just 3 weeks we'll be getting married!" Sydney squealed as she held her glass up.