Chapter 8

8 | Meet up

Toni eyes shot open as the famous iPhone ringtone filled the atmosphere. She sat up and her eyes widened at Kenny who laid underneath her. She gasped looking at herself and let out a relieved breathe, they were both still fully clothed. She looked around as the ringtone died down, she got off Kenny making him stir. She groaned at the bright sunlight that came through the large floor to ceiling windows, the sun was bloodshot red. She picked up her phone and saw that both Sydney and Michigan left her missed calls.

"Shit!" She shouted as Kenny sat up stretching.

"What's wrong?" He asked wiping out his eyes.

"We fell asleep. I have to go." She grabbed her clutch slipping her phone into it.

"Shit what time is it?" Kenny groaned, "almost 6." Toni shook her head in disappointment.

He got up and grabbed her hand. He pulled her against him and kissed her lips, surprisingly she kissed back.

"If you need to talk again I'll be right here." Kenny said.

She nodded as he lead her towards the front door and just when he opened it there stood another female. She was beautiful about 5'6, dark skinned with long black hair that stopped at the low of her back in a red cocktail dress.

"Who is she?" The woman asked with a slight attitude.

"Melany, this is Toni. My aunty in law." Kenny said smiling down at Toni who pulled her face in disgust as she stared at Melany.

"Toni this is Melany. A friend of mine." Kenny said.

"Hi." They both said in unison.

"I was just leaving." Toni said walking out.

"You owe me a date or did you forget?" Melany asked raising her eyebrows.

"I tried to." Kenny groaned running his hand down his face, "and why was she here anyway?" Melany questioned pointing back at Toni who got into her car.

"To talk." He nonchalantly said stepping aside allowing Melany to walk in.

As soon as Toni got into her car she called Sydney.

"TONI!" Sydney yelled as soon as she answered, "I know I fucked up-"

"I'm glad you know. You fucking lied to me! I thought you went home, remember 'something happened with Joshua'." Sydney imitated.

Toni rolled her eyes pulling out of Kenny's driveway.

"You didn't tell Michigan that I wasn't with you right?" Toni asked worriedly, fearing the worst already.

"Of course I told him you were with me." Sydney said, "I could only lie like a few times, he kept asking me why you weren't picking up and I told him you were in the dressing room trying on your bridesmaid dress and then he called like 15 minutes later again and I had to tell him that you were getting your dress altered." Sydney said before Toni heard a few shuffling in the background.

"Thank you." Toni let out a breathe of relief. "You're welcome, but where did you go-"

"I have to go. Mich is calling me." Toni lied quickly ending the call, she didn't feel like explaining herself to Sydney right now.
__________________________

Toni walked into the house and immediately Joshua came running up to her.

"Toni you're home!" Joshua squealed hugging her waist, "hey baby. How was your day?" Toni asked smiling down at him.

"It was okay. We were waiting on you the whole day, you said you'd be home by 4." Joshua frowned just as Michigan came up to them.

"Yeah I know but then the dress was a little big for me so I had to get it altered, babe I'm so sorry for not answering your calls. My phone died." Toni lied shaking her head.

Michigan folded his arms over his chest, staring at her for awhile before he nodded his head slowly.

"Let me go change and then I'll start dinner-"

"That won't be necessary. I want us to go have dinner as a family tonight." Michigan said.

Toni looked at him and nodded her head.

"Okay..." She said.
_______________________

"When are you and my daddy gonna have a baby?" Joshua asked leaning up on his knees that were pressed down on the chair.

"Joshua." Jose groaned in annoyance.

"Me and your daddy have decided that we don't need anymore babies because we have you and Jose." Toni smiled.

Jose scoffed, "we're not your kids." He mumbled looking through his menu.

Toni swallowed her saliva pretending as if she didn't hear Jose, she couldn't punch this 17 year old in public.

"Sit properly Joshua." Michigan scolded.

Joshua groaned doing as he was told.

"So you and daddy aren't gonna give me a baby sister?" Joshua frowned looking between Toni and Michigan.

"No." Michigan nonchalantly said as Toni shook her head.

"Aw man!" Joshua sighed slouching in his seat.

"Is my lovely happy family ready to order?" Their waitress smiled approaching them.

"Yes!" Joshua squealed tossing his hands into the air excitedly.

Kids, one minute they're sad and the next minute they're happy. Toni giggled watching as he showed their waitress his order. Toni looked up and immediately her attention fell onto Kenny, he was already looking at her. He simply winked at her making her smile before she looked at Michigan who began to rub her thigh. Immediately a notification on her phone went off, she lifted it up and read the text. Kenny: I wanna see you. Bathroom now!😏 Toni looked up at him locking her phone, she watched as he nodded towards the bathroom's before he said something to Melany who accompanied him. He then got up and walked off into the hallway. Toni faced Michigan who was looking through his menu contemplating on whether to follow Kenny or stay. She really wanted to go though...

"Babe. Just order me the steak with the onion rings, salad and fries on the side. I'm going to use the restroom-"

"I wanna pee too-"

"You can't go into the girls bathroom and you also can't go into the bathroom all by yourself." Toni said as she got up. "

"I'll take him." Michigan said making Toni curse under her breath.

"Okay." Toni nodded watching as they got up and soon all three of them walked up to the restrooms.

"If I'm not out by the time you two are done just go ahead and go sit without me, okay." Toni said as Michigan nodded before him and Joshua walked into the boys restroom.

Toni was about to walk into the girls bathroom before she got pulled into the unisex (emergency only) restroom. Once inside Kenny quickly removed his hand from her mouth and locked the door.

Edmonds Family Values - 10/01