Chapter Sixteen

Unedited so beware of mistakes
Video on the side is Sam Smith - Make It To Me
I love love LOVE that song ^~^
---------

ChapterSixteen

~Lucas~

She's not here. I've been looking everywhere in this damn ballroom but the beauty that is my mate is nowhere to be seen. Even her scent is as clear as day in this room, but her presence is rather lacking.

It's just going on to 10pm and Alexander and his beloved, Seneta, has already introduced my parents and I to about everyone that's here. My parents were supposed to leave about an hour ago but everyone wanted to talk to them, instead of a child like me.

My dad was fuming through the mind-link while I on the other hand inwardly rolled my eyes when one of the men had called me a 'child' since I was basically towering over his little stature. So in the end my parents, well my dad, mind-linked the members that stayed that they won't be coming until it's finished.

I was standing with Jace near the tables with all the food and drinks watching Thomas trying to secretly stuff his mouth with as much food as possible without any of the vamps noticing but of course they noticed since Thomas had food all over his mouth. Well it didn't really matter anyway, since not long after he decided to give up and just started shamelessly shoving handfuls after handfuls of food in to his mouth and whenever someone grimaced at him, he would give them a big open smile with food and all hanging out of his mouth. To say he was our entertainment for the night was pretty accurate.

Just as Thomas was about to shove more food into his mouth, the two huge doors on the left side of the room opened.

All conversations in the room stopped as all heads turned towards the doors. As soon as they opened my nose was assaulted with the scent that made my wolf howl and growl one word; Mate.

----------

~Serenity~

I stood a few steps back as the two men in front of the two doors bowed and started to open the doors in front of me with Annabelle and Emily just behind me. As the doors opened so many different scents hit me that they made me slightly dizzy. Since I wasn't used to so many scents invading my senses, I felt slightly disoriented.

When I looked into the room I could easily differentiate who was of which species; the pale people being vampires and the people with much more colour to their complexion being werewolves. This instantly made me wonder, well more like hope, that my beloved was in this very room.

I didn't have much time to wonder that thought for long since I could feel both Annabelle's and Emily's hands urging me forward and reminding me quietly to smile. So as I plastered a smile on my face I hesitantly took a step forward but lucky for me my father was already by my side with his arm out, gesturing for me to take it.

"You look lovely sweetie." He says before he kisses the side of my head and leads us towards my mother who is waiting a couple of steps in front of the audience known as guests to my party. I give him a smile as I say a quiet thank you.

"Now," he says as we stand next to my mother, who loops her arm with my own. "I think it's time to introduce you to our guests." He says with a brilliant smile. I hide my grimace as I look at the many people here. Yippee.

-

I was introduced to so many Lords and Madams and their sons and daughters that I didn't even bother remembering their names because let's face it, I honestly didn't care. All I cared about was finding my beloved who was somewhere in this damn forsaken ballroom.