Chapter Six

ChapterSix

~Lucas~

I've never felt so content in my entire life. Here I am curled around my beautiful mate feeling like we're the only ones here on earth. If someone were to tell me that my mate was going to be this beautiful vampire I would've labelled them insane and thrown them at rouges to put them out of their misery and what a great mistake that would've been.

I don't know what made me bring her here, but boy was I glad that I did. The look on her face when she laid her eyes on it was just as breath taking as the view in front of us. This place has always been my sanctuary, a place where I could just relax and collect my thoughts. No one from my pack knows about this place since it's not within our boundaries so being the Alphas' son does have some perks. I found this place just after my first shift; Tobias was begging me for a run and we had already ran around our territory five times but that just made him want to run further so we began running around just outside the boundaries and came across this place and decided to come here every full moon.

My head was on my mates' lap while she was leaning on my body with her legs out in front of her. She was gently cradling my head while staring in front of us while I was just taking in all her features and God were they beautiful.

"Stop staring.' She said while glancing at me through narrowed eyes and a small smile gracing her lips. Just wanting to tease her I moved my head closer to her face which I think was a mistake since I just ended up getting lost in her ocean-blue eyes.

Her eyes widened in surprise at my sudden closeness but they soon turned into amusement. She started to run her hand through the fur on my cheek while a smile played at her lips. She let out a sigh and shook her head.

"You're really something, you know that?" She asked while looking at me with eyes filled with so much warmth. If I were human right now I would've scoffed in her face and asked her that exact same question. Before I could really do anything in reply to her I turned my head and let out a yawn and I mean a full on yawn; my jaw was wide open with my eyes squeezed shut and my tongue curling. When I opened my eyes I felt moisture in them and it was like all my exhaustion just hit me right at that moment. I shook my head to try and shake it off but it was still there.

"I'm sorry I bore you so much." I hear while feeling her nudge me in the side playfully. I look to her and see amusement all over her features but soon changed to something else I couldn't quite make out since my eyelids were slowly coming down. I once again tried to shake it off but my mates' hand and voice stopped me.

"Go to sleep, you look exhausted." She said while guiding my head to her lap. I felt darkness slowly creeping over me so before it did I lifted my head a little and looked up into my mates' eyes pleadingly.

She chuckled and ran her hand along the top of my head before saying "I promise I'll be here when you wake up." and that was all I needed to let the darkness take over and for me to succumb to unconsciousness but not before I heard the sweet whisper from my mate;

Sweet dreams my beloved.

----------

~Serenity~

I could see the sky slowly starting to turn into a light blue color and decided that it was time to wake my beloved up. His head was on my lap with his body wrapped around me. I was so comfortable that I sort of just wanted to just lay here forever but I knew that the sun was going to come up in a couple of hours and needed to get back home before it rises. I started to lightly stroke his head and whispered wake up. I would call him by his name but I didn't know it sadly.

He started to stir but didn't wake up so I leaned down and started to gently shake him.

"Come on sleepy head, time to get up." I said this time slightly louder. Finally his eyes started to slowly open, wary with tiredness. He let out a great yawn where his tongue curled in before his eyes began to focus on me properly. He lazily looked me over with his eyes still slightly drooping closed. I grabbed his head and leaned in closer to him until our heads were touching.