Chapter Eighteen

A big fat juicy thank you to @inkspill for the amazingly beautiful cover!! I love love LOVE it!!!

Song on the side is a mood setter so play it whenever but I recommend at the beginning :)

I've also decided that that song is going to be Lucas and Serenity's song, just reverse it though then it'll make more sense lol

Beware! Mistakes ahead!! Read with Caution!

----------

ChapterEighteen

~Lucas~

I spun around faster than I thought possible as I heard the sweet whisper of my name. I knew that voice for it will forever be engraved to my soul. As I turned the sight that met me was breathtaking.

It was as if I was staring at an angel with a tearstained face from falling from the sky above.

As I fully faced her, her eyes quickly met mine and once again filled with unshed tears. I didn't understand why she was crying but it made my blood boil just thinking about someone hurting my mate. I promised myself then and there that no matter who it was, I was going to kill them.

"Serenity," I said her name softly as I reached my hand up and wiping the few tears that were rolling down her pale cheek. I felt the Sparks where our skin touched but I ignored them. Her eyes were closed but the tears kept on falling.

"Serenity, look at me please." I whispered pleadingly, making my voice come out husky. I took another step forward, making our bodies almost touch, and tilted her face up so I could look at her properly. I watched as her eyes started to slowly open, revealing her ocean blue orbs but it wasn't sadness that consumed them.

"You're real." she whispered as her eyes sparkled with happiness.

I watched as she leaned into my touch before closing her eyes with a content smile. All of my self control left me in that moment as I did the one thing I've wanted to do since the night we met. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her flush against me, lifting her off the ground a little so we were almost the same height. She gave a little shriek of surprise but then quickly sucked in a breath as I bent my head and nuzzled into her neck.

"Of course I'm real." I whispered roughly. I felt as she shuddered as my breath caressed her neck. I then felt her hands, which were on my shoulders, slowly start to move as she wrapped her arms around my head in an embrace before she too started nuzzling into me. This one moment made it feel as if time had stopped just so we could savour it. I gently moved back and placed her back on the ground. She dropped her embrace but left her hands around my neck with my hands still on her waist.

I took this moment to really look at her, to take her all in. She was......so beautiful. I took in everything about her: her eyes, her nose, her lips, her hair, heck even her ears and they all just screamed perfection. Which was understandable because that's what she is, complete and utter perfection. She seemed to notice me staring as she tilted her head while looking at me with her eyes asking me, "what's wrong?" I shake my head at her with a smile before placing my forehead on hers, making sparks instantly shoot between where our skin touched before traveling throughout my body.

"You're so beautiful." I whisper with my eyes closed as I let this moment sink in. I feel as her hands move from around my neck, to my hair before they're resting on the sides of my head. Just before I was about to open my eyes, I felt a small pressure on my lips, making my eyes fly open as sparks, the strongest I've felt so far engulf my body making Tobias growl in need for more, but leaving me stunned.