Chapter Nineteen

ChapterNineteen

~Serenity~

"You're blushing"

"Shut up."

"Oh my goodness , look how red you are."

"Shut up!" I whisper yell at Annabelle as we enter back into the ballroom. I love her...but she was really pissing me off.

"But it's so cute to see these cheeks with so much colour. I've never seen them like this before." As she goes to squeeze my cheeks, I quickly move out of the way before pushing her away from me. As she falls back a few steps, she looks absolutely stunned like she couldn't believe I just did that. I poke my tongue at her before smirking.

"Oh, you're going to regret that little one." She says using the nick name my brothers use. I watch as she readies herself by bending slightly. I take her stance as a challenge, so being the hard headed person I am, I mimic her stance and ready myself as well. I look at Annabelle and quickly see her eyes flick behind me for split second but brush it off as she bends lower. I quickly mimic her as my smirk grows wider, no doubt showing off my pointed teeth. I watch as Annabelle starts to countdown from three and just as I'm about to pounce on her I'm quickly yanked up from under my arms and lifted in the air, like a child. I give a shout of surprise, causing majority of the people in the room to turn, and was just about to swear my head off at whoever was holding me until I heard a deep, silky and all too familiar voice.

"Serenity Dakota Alexander. Here I was, waiting in your room for God knows how long and here you are, playing around with Annabelle. Why am I not surprised?" I froze before I savagely ripped myself from his arms, making me land back on the floor and, as quickly as I could, spun to face my eldest brother.

"Adrian!" I basically squealed as I lunged at him in a hug. "You're late you dummy." I murmur into his chest.

Adrian was by far the tallest of my brothers. Not just because he was older but just because it was in his genes. Adrian was also the only one with blue eyes and black hair. Many people have also said that if it weren't for his ridiculous height and the fact that I'm a female, we sooooo could've passed for twins.

As I let go of him, I can tell straight away that plenty of people are staring at us. Well more like at Adrian since they probably didn't even know who the hell he was. Adrian was......different from my brothers and I. Well lets just say he's half different from us. He was always the tall brooding type that Damien always tried to master but just couldn't pull off as well as Adrian does. He hates gatherings of my fathers side, even when it comes to birthdays and such. He thinks its more meaningful if it was just our immediate family, which I agree with of course. Especially since majority of the people who come to these things are just a bunch of old, young looking, nosy, bunch of bats with their egoistical little brats. His words, not mine, since mine actually had a lot more vulgar words that described them which he found 'very unladylike'. But by having that reason in mind, he would never come to gatherings like this, which I envied indefinitely. The only thing worse than being around them was having to socialize with them. Absolute effing bore I tell you and a complete waste of time.

So it was expected of me to be surprised when I heard he was coming and even more surprised when he actually showed up. So him being here really showed he cared.

I felt so many eyes on us, well most likely on him, I was just in the way. I looked up at him and saw him smiling down at me. I give him one of my own, fangs showing, smile and see his smile morph into a wary expression.

"Don't smile like that. It's creepy and such a waste with a face like yours." He said as he wipes his hand down my face, as if to wipe my expression away. I roll my eyes at him as I take a step back. I look to my right as Lucas' scent hits my senses and see him not far from the door Annabelle and I had just came through standing there while looking at Adrian with a confused, apprehensive expression before his eyes landed on me. I tried to subtly nod in Adrian's direction while mouthing his name as well...he just looked at me with a twitching smile and a shaky nod, like he was holding in his laughter. Great Beloved he is.